Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shorts and boots because it’s ok to be a boy but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading because you think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you’d love to know what it feels like

rik

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Not you clowning the lyrics of God Control in another thread when I Love New York and Impressive Instant are right there. Exhibit A:

The way she substitutes 'cities' with 'places' like 5 times in order to avoid repetition. It's giving 3rd grade essay. :typing_keyboard_computer: Exhibit B:

Let's be real - Bestie has always had an affinity for cheesy, tongue-in-cheek lyrics. I do not accept God Control slander. :gunney:

:howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: this whole post is slander omg 

:liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: GOD CONTROL IS A GOOD VISUAL. THATS IT EVERYBODY KNOWS THE DAMN TRUTH

3 minutes ago, Rik said:

Was that 24 tracks cuz one disc is supposed to be rebel and the other heart? Only ever heard that here. 

Honestly, I don't know. The standard edition has 14 tracks, so I doubt it. The deluxe adds 5 more, the super deluxe adds 4 more on top of that, and then there's Auto-Tune Baby which is some random "Media Markt" bonus track I've never listened to for that very reason. Apparently, it's some sort of German retail chain that sells electronics. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: I guess it was big in Germany unlike I Love It. Poor Charli, tbh. :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

According to Wikipedia:

Thematically, Caryn Ganz of Rolling Stone felt the album focused on two subjects: listening to one's heart, and being a rebel. Madonna explained that these concepts were not her initial inspiration but emerged during the sessions with Avicii. Madonna observed two distinct themes emerging organically, and felt the need to express them.[25] The record was titled Rebel Heart, since it dealt with two different aspects of the singer's character—her rebellious, renegade side, and her romantic side; she wanted the album to represent both.[9] On the French radio station NRJ, she explained that Rebel Heart could be both autobiographical and fictional, since she mixed both her own experiences with imaginary narratives while writing the songs. The title stemmed from Madonna's belief that contemporary music artists are not encouraged or inspired to be rebellious, take risks, or speak-up, and she wanted to highlight this. However, she understood the importance of having love in the rebellious nature, so added the word Heart to the title.[26]

:typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The title stemmed from Madonna's belief that contemporary music artists are not encouraged or inspired to be rebellious, take risks, or speak-up, and she wanted to highlight

:ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: my god LOL pLZ Madonna rebel heart was not all that hdjdhhfhf

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Rik said:

:ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: my god LOL pLZ Madonna rebel heart was not all that hdjdhhfhf

To be fair, there's a lot of great songs on that album. It's just that it's a jumbled mess, and B-tch I'm Madonna is a legitimate hate crime against her discography (apparently, Sophie co-produced it, so I should like it, but I don't). But yeah, I wouldn't really call asking Avicii, one of the most influental DJs/producers of the decade, to produce your record "taking risks". :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

To be fair, there's a lot of great songs on that album. It's just that it's a jumbled mess, and B-tch I'm Madonna is a legitimate hate crime against her discography (apparently, Sophie co-produced it, so I should like it, but I don't). But yeah, I wouldn't really call asking Avicii, one of the most influental DJs/producers of the decade, to produce your record "taking risks". :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

Legit. It was just too commercial and I hated the vocal production. To be honest I don’t even love hard candys vocal production either. She needs to go back to basics with William Orbit (I know they did some stuff together on the record if I’m not mistaken), and just make great organic electronica music like she did during the Music era 

54 minutes ago, Rik said:

Legit. It was just too commercial and I hated the vocal production. To be honest I don’t even love hard candys vocal production either. She needs to go back to basics with William Orbit (I know they did some stuff together on the record if I’m not mistaken), and just make great organic electronica music like she did during the Music era 

Lol, MDNA has 6 Orbit tracks, though to be fair, they're some of the better ones on that hot mess of an album. :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

9 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Songs I could do without (even though no one asked):

• Madonna - Holiday (and depending on the mood, Everybody, but the production on both songs is immaculate - they're just a bit too repetitive)
  • Like a Virgin - Over and Over, Stay
  • True Blue - Where's the Party, Jimmy Jimmy, Love Makes the World Go Round (probably one of her weakest albums when it comes to b-sides, but the singles are some of the most iconic of her career)
  • Like a Prayer - Promise to Try, Dear Jessie
  • Erotica - none, but if I had to pick one, probably Bye Bye Baby
  • Bedtime Stories - none
  • Ray of Light - still haven't digested this album enough to form an opinion
  • Music - Impressive Instant
  • American Life - Nobody Knows Me
  • Confessions - I Love New York is so cheesy
  • Hard Candy - Spanish Lesson
  • MDNA - way too many :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:
  • Rebel Heart - B-tch I'm Madonna (and maybe Illuminati too)
  • Madame X - Batuka

:martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

I can't be the only one who read "Batuka" as Bukkake... right? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block