Idk about Blackout….

Don't feel bad. I became a fan during Circus era, so I heard Circus first, then Blackout.... and Blackout sounded so different compared to Circus. It wasn't until like the second/third listen of Blackout it finally clicked for me, but it's like my favourite Britney album now. 

• Love 1

I can relate to that.

Blackout was and is a completely different style, a completely different direction compared to all the other albums. The album is very European. Dance music is not everyone's cup of tea. But it did grow on me a lot. But there are some songs I still skip to this day.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BoyDeChanel said:

I was a fan since 2004/2005 and I loved Blackout instantly, it made me fall in love with Britney even more. I don't think it's an album that grows on you, you either love it or you don't.

same, was a fan of hers since day 1 but my taste in music was always beyond pop music, and this made me really see that Britney sets the trend she doesn't follow it. Made me have so much respect her own personal taste as this is the only album fully her vision we have. And it's her best, by far.

• Love 1

The thing about Blackout is it's a rebellious dark party album. It's the album you put on when you need to dance your worries away. 

It's her best album. I've always loved it because it's fun yet a subtle commentary on the public's intrusive infatuation with her personal life. Everyone had her career written for dead (and literal obituaries written for her), but Britney defied the world and released a masterpiece. Being there in the moment was part of the magic. 

It could be a mindset thing, but I don't fault you if it's not your cup of tea. Although some tracks do take time to grow. For instance, I've never hated Freakshow, but it didn't become my favorite song off of Blackout until recently. You may feel the same way about the other songs.

By the way, in one of the only interviews Britney gave in 2007, she said "Heaven On Earth" was her favorite! 

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block