Britney's Fiancé Sam Asghari reveals he auditioned for 'And Just Like That'

Cqleb

3 hours ago, Markoct said:

The reboot is a mess tbh :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: he didnt really miss out on anything.

I know what I'm about to say is a very unpopular opinion... but I kind of like this "new" show.

Everything's the same, but everything's different. I think that is what happens in life.

They are touching on several topics I've yet to seen really dealt with in a live action manner. It's always a descriptor but we never saw that evolution (widow, trans, alcoholic, etc.).

I also think this show, and its predecessor, speaks about "taboo" topics to its white woman audience to make them comfortable. Always thought, as a gay man living in the midwest when s** and the City originally aired, the target audience was my then boyfriend's mom and her friends. I remember going to the movie when it premiered. It was all middle aged white woman. I think it's catering storylines to that core audience.

The rest of us get the punchlines at the end of the scenes.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, ThatWasFun said:

I know what I'm about to say is a very unpopular opinion... but I kind of like this "new" show.

Everything's the same, but everything's different. I think that is what happens in life.

They are touching on several topics I've yet to seen really dealt with in a live action manner. It's always a descriptor but we never saw that evolution (widow, trans, alcoholic, etc.).

I also think this show, and its predecessor, speaks about "taboo" topics to its white woman audience to make them comfortable. Always thought, as a gay man living in the midwest when s** and the City originally aired, the target audience was my then boyfriend's mom and her friends. I remember going to the movie when it premiered. It was all middle aged white woman. I think it's catering storylines to that core audience.

You dont need to explain what the show is showing... I have seen it lol its a mess of a REBOOT. It could have been fine if it was a series on its own and woulf have had audiences like urself who enjoy this content. But for real swx and the city fans, the series was about SWX and the CITY. and we are getting neither of those lol Carrie could have became a priest...does that mean the reboot had to be about church? No, thats a different topic and series, same as what we got here. Its an ok series as what it is maybe. But def the worst REBOOT. And im not gonna even start on how unrealistic the actual new content is.. theres a thread here abput it if u like to say how much u love it etc.

1 hour ago, Markoct said:

You dont need to explain what the show is showing... I have seen it lol its a mess of a REBOOT. It could have been fine if it was a series on its own and woulf have had audiences like urself who enjoy this content. But for real swx and the city fans, the series was about SWX and the CITY. and we are getting neither of those lol Carrie could have became a priest...does that mean the reboot had to be about church? No, thats a different topic and series, same as what we got here. Its an ok series as what it is maybe. But def the worst REBOOT. And im not gonna even start on how unrealistic the actual new content is.. theres a thread here abput it if u like to say how much u love it etc.

Yo... the show isn't called s** and the city anymore for a reason. It's a new thing. So fans like you have to learn to detach. :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

The show is literally called and just like that and talks about how life changes just like that once you get to be a certain age.

...I thought you said you've seen it???

:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, ThatWasFun said:

Yo... the show isn't called s** and the city anymore for a reason. It's a new thing. So fans like you have to learn to detach. :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

The show is literally called and just like that and talks about how life changes just like that once you get to be a certain age.

...I thought you said you've seen it???

:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

This response :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe: yes, im def seeing more of how the audinece and content is rated G now. Enjoy.

1 hour ago, ThatWasFun said:

yes, new show is amazing. haters are delusional

shame. id love to see sam in it haha

• Love 2
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, Markoct said:

Ok so don’t watch it and move on? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I’ve watched SATC since it aired in 98, rewatched it multiple times including the movies and I find AJLT to be a nice little bonus. Am I not a “real” fan? Are we really gatekeeping tv shows now? 😂
I’ve never understood people like you tbh, AJLT takes nothing away from the original show, it’s still there for you to watch whenever you want and you can skip this one and let others enjoy it. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block