Adele’s residency at Caesars Palace! Just following Britney Steps!

One More Time

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't that career suicide?  Yes they can make decent money there, but I think mentally it's tolling and career-wise it's so limiting and boring, because you're primarily getting random intoxicated Vegas goers looking for nostalgia instead of being creative and energized by serving your fans. Every artist who's done those Vegas residencies went down in regular music charts.  Celine used to be huge but ever since she did Caesar's Palace, her new music is barely even noticed anymore and received less support from her label.  Britney's a different case because of her situation and having an impact on everything she touches. 

Adele is still huge on the charts. So it's weird that she's doing this now instead of later when she's closer to retiring. 

Unless that's something she wants personally, I don't think that's a good career move. 

I remember hearing before that Adele doesn't like to tour. I also think we heard a rumour that she was eyeing a residency while back too. 

But I do agree with everyone, residencies are kinda like a fad.. everyone is doing it. Give me a residency in London, UK. Somewhere in Amerstdam, New York. 

I can imagine myself after going to EDC and then going straight to an Adele show, the feels would be unreal and I'd probably cry my face off.

I think Madonna had the right idea with her theater tour. Staying in the same city/country for a couple of days and then doing another one seems less draining than a regular tour. Maybe artists should consider that instead of a Vegas recidency cause that's a career killer, especially for someone like Adele who's pulling huge sales numbers 

BUT at the same time I understand cause touring sounds like it would completely drain you mentally and physically 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block