Britney calls out Christina Aguilera and thanks Lady Gaga

It's not a great look I admit.

But in Britney's defense, think about how cut off from the real world she's been for the past 13 years. It wouldn't surprise me if she originally didn't see Xtina's supportive posts.

As for Xtina, she should've known that question would come up and she should've been prepared for a better response. Whether it was authentic or not, Lady Gaga looked like she rehearsed her statement in her mind a million times lol

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, FranzJoseph said:

That she was happy for her? Im sure she is.... I'm not sure what we are supposed to read from that.

You should have also heard the publicst say "No.We're not doing that (talking about Britney) tonight. I'm sorry" and then Christina saying "I can't (talk about Britney), but I'm happy for her."

Their response shows that it has less to do with time and more to do with just not wanting to talk about Britney.

• Love 2
Just now, cubasterd said:

You should have also heard the publicst say "No.We're not doing that (talking about Britney) tonight. I'm sorry" and then Christina saying "I can't (talk about Britney), but I'm happy for her."

Their response shows that it has lees to do with time and more to do with just not wanting to talk about Britney.

Exactly. I’m not saying you need to go on a speech about her but speak up for what is right. 

Their response shows that it has lees to do with time and more to do with just not wanting to talk about Britney.

Lmao I really dont know what to say to you when that is your logic. It's pretty sad you are trying to see everything in a negative light from someone who actually has shown support to Britney.

2 minutes ago, SatisfactionOops said:

We must remember that Britney is a celebrity herself, with lots of experience on red carpet events, interviews, and entourages/publicists/etc. 

Her read of this video likely comes from past experiences. 

Britney has always been so uplifting and kind of others.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, lemonbaby said:

This is so embarrassing on Britney’s part, such a stupid thing for her to post. In my opinion Britney should apologize to Christina, especially bexause Cristina did a whole twitter thread about brits situation

When you stand up for someone you do it regardless if it’s online or in person. You don’t stand up for something online and then stay quiet in real time.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, FranzJoseph said:

Lmao I really dont know what to say to you when that is your logic. It's pretty sad you are trying to see everything in a negative light from someone who actually has shown support to Britney.

I'm not trying to see it in any light other than what upset Britney.  The fact is, Britney got upset by something in that clip and this 'light' is the only thing I can see that would have upset her. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

You are trying to make it seem like there is nothing there when clearly there is.

1 minute ago, lemonbaby said:

A lot of you guys are mad because y’all are scared to see Britney being dragged on twitter and ruin her “sweet girl” image. She ****ed up and deserves to be called out for it, if she had dine her research she would know that xtina did talk about her situation

Only on a social media account and not on a camera in real time coming from her lips.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, giorgiorafael said:

You know that the song Mis Muchachas is literally about women supporting one another “Pa' mis muchachas las que siempre responden” and Christina has failed to respond. Goes to show she is not a good friend to Britney. I’ve literally posted that in her last IG post she is a fake friend. 

also her new second single does not even make sense what she is singing in Spanish. Hope her album flops. Por cabrona y mamábicha que es la pendeja 🇵🇷 A ver si eso lo entiende 

Jaja not mamabicha and cabrona 😂🇵🇷

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, hey over there said:

Christina didn't have to accept 'we aren't doing that'. Not doing what? Sticking up for abuse victims? Britney said what she said because she was right. And throwing an I'm happy for her though comment out there to save face is not the same as what gaga said for Britney at all. Xtina could have done better, she knows that and so does Britney. Idc whos night it was if my friend had been abused you better believe I'd speak out for them as any decent person should. 

This. Xtina being silent hurts so much more than her just even speaking about human rights without mentioning Britney's name. What people might not understand is that Britney's case is way bigger than even Britney herself. If Britney was a guy then none of this would have even happened. Xtina missed a great opportunity to showcase women's rights and how bad the system is towards women. It shows that she really didn't even care to look into Britney's case to figure that out. If I were her I'd be mad at myself.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, cubasterd said:

I'm not trying to see it in any light other than what upset Britney.  The fact is, Britney got upset by something in that clip and this 'light' is the only thing I can see that would have upset her. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

You are trying to make it seem like there is nothing there when clearly there is.

If any then I think there's something else going on behind the scenes, rather than just this interview in particular, thus why she took it that way :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

In Britney's perspective, I think she's surrounded by toxic people feeding her bad info. I would expect fans to be somewhat level headed and kind of see this situation for what it is. None of us have went through what she did so I think she gets some slack - the delusional people acting like Christina is a toxic snake who is out to get Britney when she was one of the few people who showed support is a big yikes for me. And not a good look for the fanbase.

• Love 2
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, queenofhearts said:

I can't believe some of yall are saying Britney's in the wrong. I don't care that she has said something before and that it was her night. Britney has been locked up and abused for 13 years and yall expect her to play nice?!

some of yall are disgusting

It’s not that Britney’s wrong per say buttt it’s just blaming someone who didn’t put her in the conservativeship xtina is not team con she’s has no ties to it that we know of so to expect to say something caught off guard n Britney dragging her is really unfair … y drag her for what… Britney should drag the ppl who actually hurt her…Bc now with social media ppl are making dragging xtina for what seriously for what not making a comment… when in fact she has already..this is ludicrous..

xtina did not put Britney in a conservativeship

her family did..

it’s unrealistic to expect ppl to always have a comment on things. that’s just not realistic life happens n unfortunately for Britney’s she’d been through a lot but it doesn’t fall on xtina not is it her responsibility to always talk about Britney. Sad truth but 90% of the time she’s always asked about Britney. She just couldn’t or didn’t wanna discuss it doesn’t make her a bad person or responsible for Britney’s troubles.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, Seanril said:

When you stand up for someone you do it regardless if it’s online or in person. You don’t stand up for something online and then stay quiet in real time.

Christina is not OBLIGED to support britney in public. She has done her piece l, wether its online or not she has already shown her support

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.