Madonna issued Her first best of The immaculate collection, 31 years ago

In 1990, Madonna issued The immaculate collection. a best of her imperial phase, even reviews of her best if the 90s, GHV2 and Celebration from 2009 reminds people.  

Many acts can fill one disc of hits and satisfy the public. Madonna on the other hand, had so many hits in the 80s, more than any other female act, just one disc alone didn't have all the songs that captured her pop music heights,  even Rob Sheffield on his review of Celebration, states That Angel and Gambler are two huge hits from that year where you couldn't escape Madonna in 1985, most artists have only one year where they're everywhere worldwide, Madonna was what females in music wanted, an entire decade, and for ten years she had that and more. 

Then justify my love and it's video began pushing on how much further can she get away with pushing the buttons, it was gonna be a swift no, the rise of Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey and basically the whole respect your loved ones as I like to call it was completely opposite of what made and defined the 80s, the whole Anarchy attitude on parents and authoritative figures. 

It wasnt until Evita did Madonna get back to good gracious with the public.  But in 2009, you can do an Erotica album now and not piss people off, you could probably do that book as well as most fetishes and kink groups are acceptable today than in 1992..

Even CNN showbiz tonight asked Music critics would Britney's first best of be as praised as The immaculate collection and be a time capsule, most said, it hasn't even been a decade of Britney, by the time Madonna issued immaculate collection her debut single was 8 years old. 

It could be, but it's too soon to tell if any female pop star would ever have that best of like Madonna has, I don't think any other female actually can duplicate the success of the immaculate collection. 

31 years later it's still seen as one of the few times a female dominated the world, and had more to come, but as an album artist, not as a singles artist. 

Everybody agrees like a prayer began Madonna's transition to focusing on albums and not a bunch of singles.  

@I Always Sing Live

@Blackout2006

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I love the songs that were picked for the compilation, but I wish they'd been released in their original forms because those revamps weren't very good, especially the LAP remix. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

They were remixed cos that also helped seal her deal as the club queen and that like a prayer remix is how she performs it on tour. 

She hasn't performed the original version at all. It's always that version or a heavy edm remix like the sticky and sweet tour version..

8 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The most iconic greatest hits / compilation album of all time, methinks. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:Justify My Love and Rescue Me are also some of her best singles, though it's a shame Madonna didn't actually write Justify My Love. :typing_keyboard_computer: Anyways, my Madame X album arrived today, though I haven't picked it up yet. Can't wait to rip Funana, Back That Up To The Beat, and Ciao Bella. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

This person knows. I agree. This is the album that Made me a Madge fan and each song is a ******* masterpiece. The fact that she's still rocking and pissing people off is a gift of nature. Btw GHV2 is another masterpiece.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.