Did you like the Netflix documentary Britney Vs. Spears? And why?

Did you like the Netflix documentary Britney VS Spears? And why?  

275 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, jennyj said:

I agree.  It was nice seeing some of the clips, but honestly it was kinda trashy.

The things I personally didn't like were:

1. First and foremost, Britney was not involved nor authorized this.
  2. There was way too much focus on the 2 journalist women and the bad men in her life.
  3. There was too much of that one girl saying "here, read this line", "read the next page", read this, read that.... like gurlllll, just read it yourself to her! lol
  4. They made such a big deal about receiving this secret document with tons of pages... yet none of it was new except maybe a couple of things. And when they did, they just had a whatever tone.
  5. They continued to show clips from Britney's dark period which Britney has repeatedly said she hates when people focuses on the past.
  6. While I did find it interesting they included Adnan and Lufti because we never hear their side via interview, it still didn't feel right and we didn't learn anything new.
  7. The doc has a great title "Britney vs Spears" but they didn't really focus on her family that much, which the title implies.  JL and Brian were only mentioned once very quickly. Her dad and mom were mentioned only a couple of times.  They were focusing more on the timeline and the other people involved.
  8. I don't like how the did a very long closeup of her signature, including animating it.  Yes everyone knows her autograph, but that was just bad taste too since it's her personal signature and distracts from the actual content.
  9. I can go on as well, but those were some of the main points.
  10. Also, hate the poster. They could have licensed any photo of hers, but instead they photoshopped one of her pics including changing her hair... when the original pic is already beautiful as it is.

On the plus side:

I LOVEDDDDDDDD Fe's responses.  She's such a sweet heart, and she's very good at spilling tea without actually saying any details or throwing anyone under the bus LOL.  She knows that Britney wants to be the one to reveal the truth (as she demanded during court), and she knows how to stay in her lane and respect people, while also spilling in her reactions and non-answers. LOVE HER!!!  I wish she could be my friend, she'd be a blast.

Oh my god I completely forgot about Point #7. You are SPOT ON! Because of the doc's name, I went into the doc thinking they were going to better explain just how messed up the family dynamics were or at least give more illuminating info on the role the family played in the conservatorship. But strangely they didn't.

I love Fe to but her appearance was unnecessary as she didn't answer any questions or add new info. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily. I absolutely LOVED that she seemed very respectful of Britney's privacy and instinctively knew not to reveal too much about Britney's personal thoughts to the filmmakers. Fe is so graceful and amazing. Period. As an aside, Fe didn't really seem comfortable with them. I wonder if there was a BTS reason for that? I say this because she was a bit more forthcoming and open to the NYTimes. I feel like the NYTimes is more reputable and that probably made her feel safe to open up more?

• Love 1

I did like it because it shines a light on how betrayed by the system and her own family she has been. It's crucial to give a lot of context for people who haven't been so invested in this as us fans. That said, it's good but nothing way too special or any new information that is groundbreaking like "Controlling Britney Spears" brought us. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Bottom line is: i did enjoy it but was expecting more