Did you like the Netflix documentary Britney Vs. Spears? And why?

Did you like the Netflix documentary Britney VS Spears? And why?  

275 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, colormelou said:

Some good stuff but I didn’t like that it gave horrible people like Adnan, Sam and Mark ****lan a chance to act cute and likeable. **** them. Also a shame Fe literally refused to speak about Colon and Loucifer, did they threaten her just before the interview or what? Her part on the NYT doc was way better, shame this will be the more popular one. 

I actually appreciate his side of the story, Britney wanted to date him and you need to accept that.

Both adnan and lufti introduction to her life still feel very murky and I will always side eye their original intent but they tried to help get Britney a lawyer and free her.

britney literally trusted both of them with her life

• Like 5

Yes.

I completely appreciate that it was a totally different tone than the ones on Hulu. While I didn’t love seeing Lutfi and Adnan or Kevin’s attorney, I’m glad they were trying to round out the story. Whether we like it or not, they are part of it. I understand some people wanting certain topics to be delved into but at this point we have more than enough docs and specials to choose from and I’m sure in the future we will be getting even more. 
Outside of the fan base I’m sure it’s a lot for people to digest and keep up with so if anyone in the general public is interested in her story, hopefully this and the other two will help fill in the gaps until more details about the other players  can come to light. 

Moreso I just hope Britney is able to be happy and live well in spite of the current fervor surrounding her life again . It can’t be easy. 

• Love 3

I did, but I like Framing and Controlling better. I don’t want to hear about 07 again UNLESS someone ever actually gets the guts to look into stuff like Eardley claim Kaplan & the LAPD colluded, who called in the 5150s, why the second one was reportedly planned days in advance, Allies claim about Lynne drugging Britney, Britney’s visit to Blaire Berk, how/why Sam Lutfi was inserted into B’s life, the tactics used by Kevin/Kaplan in the family court to coerce B etc. There’s soooo much to look into but they continually rehash the same BS.

• Love 6

Really loved it! 

I think many of us on this forum were expecting a lot of revelations etc because we already know so much. But Netflix won't cater a documentary for fans, it's for newbies & the GP.

What I loved:

•They showed a lot of key players from the very beginning that we had never really heard from before. Adnan, Sam etc... maybe they were bad people in her story but we still heard it from their perspective and they saw a lot first hand 

•I love that they took it in stages, from HIMYM to Domination. Most people do not know about the post-Circus issues of the Con becoming permanent. In the fanbase we know much was off in 2010+ but to be honest this is something only Britney can talk about as its likely too personal. A documentary is unlikely to cover what happened to her in detail. This was a great start.

•Following the above, I like how they showed just how much SHE DIDN'T STOP WORKING throughout. And how much money she made.

•For the GP, the biggest free britney reference is very much FBS. And this was a great start, but our biggest complaint at the time was that it didn't go into detail regarding the CON. This doc was a perfect continuation and will be accessible to many more people. I think together they make a great two part series in a way. Whilst Controlling Britney was brilliant, I doubt many of the GP have had access to it yet, so Netflix would be the key follow up.

•It was poignant, I loved the past glimpses of old Britney. I also liked that the structure was linear. I loved the end when we hear her voice.  Made me cry. 

Next steps, FREEDOM :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, blackoutinthezone said:

Parts are very effective, particularly the ending. I teared up here and there. As a whole, though, it's not very good, imo. I understand it's for the GP but even by those standards it's a missed opportunity. They spent far too much time on 2007/irrelevant things and the timeline of events in the conservatorship felt really disjointed and lacked clarity. I wasn't expecting any new developments in this doc but I did expect the unraveling of events to be executed better. I'm beyond grateful that more people will become aware of Britney's situation thanks to Netflix but I refuse to lie and blow smoke up their arse when the truth is I found the presentation disappointing. 

I agree. The reason I don’t think is that good is actually regardless of who the target audience is, I don’t think the storytelling was coherent. 
A story should be clear in why everything in it belongs in the story. I don’t think there really was a narrative. First she was young and worked hard, apperently she “spiralled out of control” (the documentary’s wording) and then the conservatorship was presented as a mystery basically. Why certain figures talked so much didn’t make sense, and I am not saying that because I “know everything and already knows what is relevant, it is just something that is important in all stories. 
I do think people that didn’t knew anything before will be chocked and sympathetic anyway, because of the revelations that are new to them. But I think the NYT documentaries are better also in terms of storytelling craft, not just because their revelations and narrative are sharper. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jokobish said:

Honestly.. not really. They literally said they wouldn’t focus on 2007 or the ambulance and they did just that. Also didn’t learn much that was new like we did with NYT doc 

I think by not focusing on 2007 they meant the hair shaving incident and the partying, which didn't come up at all. To not talk about 2007 when speaking about Britney isn't possible. It's how she got into this whole mess to begin with.

I liked the doc. I didn't expect it to bring any new info, but it was well shot and edited and is the perfect intro to anyone trying to understand her story. I also thought including the questionable people was a smart move. For one, you need to have all sides telling a story to get an accurate account. We don't have Britney's yet but one day we will. Second, to have people on the opposing side appear in a doc and proceed to tell on themselves is a great thing. Kaplan and the doc both looked like fools in this. Kaplan could barely muster up anything good about Kevin and the doctor admitted to meeting Britney but then took it back when asked if he treated her. Idiots. We love to see it.

• Like 1

Just finished watching it. I think its good, but I will say the NYT was better. I feel like the NetFlix was not as informative, but coming as a fan we knew we wouldn't really learn anything new. For the general public, I think its good, but I wish it focused more on the abuse. The end was perfect I felt so emotional 💔 Im soo proud to be a fan of her as an artist and as a person. For more than 20 yrs. she has inspired me, motivated, comforted me and even in her situation she continues to do that. She deserves the world, the world does not deserve her.  Btw @Jordan Miller those biceps 🥵 from twink to jiggly buff 

1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

I actually appreciate his side of the story, Britney wanted to date him and you need to accept that.

Both adnan and lufti introduction to her life still feel very murky and I will always side eye their original intent but they tried to help get Britney a lawyer and free her.

britney literally trusted both of them with her life

Britney isn’t the best judge of character to be honest. They took advantage of her when she was isolated. It’s not like they’re doing it for selfless reasons, they can only gain things by being close with Britney ******* Spears.

Adnan is a creep and for him to say he was criticised cause he isn’t white and pretty and rich like her? What the actual ****.

And Mark Kaplan saying K Fed was such a victim cause the public didn’t think he was good enough to be with America’s sweetheart? HUH?! K Fed is a total d-bag and no ones here for his sob story. Seriously cringe-y to victimise either of them. 

As for Lutfi , he’s a psychopath with multiple restraining orders, leeching off troubled celebrities.

Great docu for the GP; and I learned some new tidbits as someone who’s read every court document to date. 

BUT we don’t need to come for Fe, she did speak in the other documentaries and I think she is fair to protect herself by not answering direct questions about Jamie and Lou.... the other documentaries DIDNT ask her pointed questions about them. I think her point of doing the interviews was to show Britney how loved she is, she’d light that she believes Britney doesn’t need a conservatorship, and to share her side of the story (how team con kept her away and gaslighted her, too). Also, remember these interviews were likely filmed over a year ago... the newest NYT likely took place after some others spoke out and after this interview happened... 

• Like 1

Also, to add, Adnan’s point of view was really, really intriguing to me and helped me understand why Britney was so attracted to him. I never understood him, and I think now I have a glimpse of why Britney loved him. He was eloquent, truly cared for Britney, tried to protect her and help her, and I felt he was genuinely saddened by her situation... I think that was a great addition to the documentary and may have been the highlight for me...

sam lutfi, not here for him. He is beyond sketchy. 

• Like 1