Did you like the Netflix documentary Britney Vs. Spears? And why?

Did you like the Netflix documentary Britney VS Spears? And why?  

275 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, jokobish said:

Honestly.. not really. They literally said they wouldn’t focus on 2007 or the ambulance and they did just that. Also didn’t learn much that was new like we did with NYT doc 

you're mixing focusing vs showing for a couple of seconds. They didn't focus on it at all, they just showed it briefly in the entire doc and that was it. It's super important for the story, it shows how all the cards were against Britney, even the LAPD wanted to market themselves through Britney's downfall and fame, it's disgusting. GP needs to be made aware of this :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Just by the fact that it goes after lou taylor when the first one (framing) didnt, should tell you this is the better doc.

I loved it. Also, sam and adnan ARE 2007/2008 , the other docs were missing the key players from that time, and this one brought that as well.

AND to top it all off that ending with the testimony was super powerful. The way the controlling doc did, putting the audio clip all over the doc's lenght didnt give it the attention and power it deserved.

Honestly, the netflix one is my favorite out of all three.

• Love 2

It was a nice summary for the public.

Things I would've added:

• More focus on the abuse from the conservatorship, but I understand this was done long ago, they didn't have Britney's testimony nor whistleblowers like NYT.
  • I would've revealed more stuff from the documents they got. I don't think they realize how much we'd love to see those sealed documents lol 
  • Once again they skip the whole Femme Fatale era, but again, I understand if they don't have anyone from that time to reveal stuff, they can't just speculate, same with X Factor, and to some extent POM. We still don't have the full scope of what happened in that tour in 2018.

Other than that, I liked that for once they did a prologue to the conservatorship that doesn't touch on the head shaving. They exposed Ingham, Wallet, Lou, Reva, of course Jamie, and we got that story from the RS writer. We got more from Andrew Gallery, the court papers about Jason's feelings towards the conservatorship, the thing about her medication, etc. 

It should've definitely been a series with at least 7 -10 episodes. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

The Guardian slaughters it with 1 star out of 5. And the writer is not doing so because he is a Stan, but because he thinks it is sloppy and tabloid-y made. https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/sep/28/britney-vs-spears-review-netflix-doc-is-schlocky-trashy-and-deeply-uncomfortable

I don’t think the debate only has to do with how much you know in advance, it just is not a good manuscript, selection of material, composition, editing etc. Some interviews on their own are of course good, but not the work with choosing and piecing the material together. Controlling Britney Spears belongs on Netflix. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Xavierleleon said:

The Guardian slaughters it with 1 star out of 5. And the writer is not doing so because he is a Stan, but because he thinks it is sloppy and tabloid-y made. https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/sep/28/britney-vs-spears-review-netflix-doc-is-schlocky-trashy-and-deeply-uncomfortable

I don’t think the debate only has to do with how much you know in advance, it just is not a good manuscript, selection of material, composition, editing etc. Some interviews on their own are of course good, but not the work with choosing and piecing the material together. Controlling Britney Spears belongs on Netflix. 

Yup 100% this reviewer has it down Pat. Glad I’m not the only one who thought it was garbage. Amen.

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

https://variety.com/2021/music/reviews/britney-spears-netflix-documentary-review-1235075993/

more reviewers are panning it. This one is from Variety. 

This shapeless doc feels overlong at just over 90 minutes, because it’s unclear what, exactly, Carr and collaborator Jenny Eliscu want to say about Spears. Contrary to the film’s title, the film’s focus at times seems to be Carr and Eliscu. The pair — respectively, an accomplished documentarian and a journalist who has profiled Spears — both appear on camera, and their work of investigating Spears’ story is dramatized with shots of clicking into secret files or shuffling through paperwork. Eliscu in particular is clearly very emotionally engaged by the Spears case, but, more often, the interactions between Carr and Eliscu are so focused on the thrill of discovery as to lose sight of the human they’re trying to help through their work.

• Love 1

I liked it, i think it mentioned a few things we wanted: LT, the restraining order from Britney's sons, the voice message to the lawyer. It also had very interesting testimony from Fe, she is clearly scared of Team Con. I didn't like they give attention to SL but well..what can i do..it was important for the narrative.

4 hours ago, jokobish said:

Honestly.. not really. They literally said they wouldn’t focus on 2007 or the ambulance and they did just that. Also didn’t learn much that was new like we did with NYT doc 

They didn't show Britney in the ambulance at all,

Just how wild the paps were to chase such a moment, did you even watch it?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, colormelou said:

Britney isn’t the best judge of character to be honest. They took advantage of her when she was isolated. 

And who are you to judge that? Do you know Britney? Personally?

talking like this is how Britney got into a conservatorship, everyone needs to stop thinking they own Britney and they know what’s best for her

she isn’t public property 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

Imagine for Britney knowing that Adnan, Lufti, Kaplan are talking about her on a global platform with millions of subscribers. Pure ****

They are???!!! Oh my Godney :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

I haven't watched it yet but I'm hearing mixed feelings about it, so I might skip it - specially knowing those names you mentioned above :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

why the **** is the doctor even there? he pissed me off. he can't even say if he evaluated her or not? how useless. 

I kind of liked the addition of adnan - I always wondered where he was at and I think his insight was real. It humanized their relationship as opposed to just thinking of him as a scuzzy pap that we never really heard from again lol.

Fe saying "I'm not gonna touch that. she will chew me up and spit me out" about Lou had me laughing.

I LOVE THAT THEY ARE INCLUDING THE QUOTES FROM FOR THE RECORD. PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT EVERY DAY. loved the cinematographers insight as well. him reading the letter was heartbreaking. 

it's a bit disjointed I think? like it was hard for me to follow. 

"HE IS ON A GRAVY TRAIN AND HES GONNA RIDE IT ALL THE WAY TO THE END" YUP YUP

I will never ever ever forget hearing her testimony for the first time. ever. it was so powerful. it was surreal. 

overall, I found it a bit disjointed and hard to follow? but I'm glad it was made. 

• Like 2