Britney's singles written by her that charted in the Billboard Hot 100

On 9/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, Popcornie said:

Idk why people find it so hard to believe Britney was part of Britney Jeans writinf process. I recall reading she even took a songwriting class during this era. Songs like Alien, Perfume, Brightest Morning Star clearly are close to her heart. The production on the album is bad and some of the songs are just not good but lyrically it IS the most personal we have gotten from her yet. BOM, Oops, Britney, ITZ, Blackout, Circus and FF she wrote only few songs and theres not many songs we know for sure talk about Britneys personal life or things she went throught. On Glory she was more involved than ever so arguably Glory could be more personal. 

She knows music and yes she can write. I think her playing the ditzy blonde character has made people doubt her. Its just a character and acting . Its not the real Britney. Maybe shes method acting ??  She use to play the strong confident woman. Yet the abuse she had lived has changed her. People use to diss her lack of passion . Yet when your a prisoner.. your hopeless and do not care. People suck . 

• Haha 1

I never heard that she wrote S&M. If she did, it was probably a few words and chose not to take credit. Something she often does. Also she was still sick when she recorded her part, which why she sounds the way she does.

Britney should be credited for producing Everytime as well as the lyrics, but they werent interested in lifting her up back then when it came to her musical talents.

Perfume was technically written by Britney, she told Sia exactly what she wanted to say and Sia wrote it verbatim to music, giving her writing credit.

I don't know about Work *****, the whole Britney Jean era was a mess . :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/20/2021 at 1:05 PM, Joman82 said:

I'm not going to lie, this is a very weird list and too short to be honest. But, this is it.

At least, five of those are Top 40 hits (including a #1). 

Britney's singles written by her that charted in the Billboard Hot 100. 

1)      “S&M Remix”, Rihanna featuring Britney Spears (2011) - #1

2)      “Work *****” (2013) - #12

3)      “Everytime” (2004) - #15

4)      “Make Me…”, Britney Spears featuring G-Eazy (2016) - #17

5)      “Me Against the Music”, Britney Spears featuring Madonna (2003) - #35

6)      “Perfume” (2013) - #76

Makes sense … some of the newer songs that I actually like