Britney's best/worst album opener?

?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Super Mods

When you say album opener, do you mean the first song on the tracklist?

Cause if so, I would pick Invitation cause it has this ethereal heavenly sound 

that is just breathtaking and beautiful.

I would say Alien is the worst because VERY unpopular opinion: her vocals suck on there

and u can tell she's having a hard time with holding the high notes that are in the chorus.

Gimme More is my fave lead single, one of my fave Britney songs of all time and an amazing album opener. Oops comes very close though.

If we're judging this based on album opener alone, then I'd say my 'least favourite' is Womanizer, because I think Circus (song) would have been a better album opener. I'm not too sure about Alien, part of me thinks it works but part of me thinks Work B!+c# might have been a better opener?

• Love 1

Ironic that this thread was made because the other day when I was rearranging the Blackout tracklist, I found that Gimme More actually sounds SO much better and cohesive as the closing track off of the album. :melt_weird_drift_wow: IMO, the official Blackout tracklist should have started with BTI as the opener. The “it’s been a while” line suits it perfectly. Something about that song helps build up the album even more and serves as a perfect introduction. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

In some cases, the more definitive songs off of pop albums (Gimme More, for example) should be included throughout or at the end of the tracklist, rather than at first. It makes the album more intriguing and climatic to listen to. 

With that being said, Invitation is an incredible opener and serves its purpose as that. It’s what I wish she had done more for her other albums. For example, Welcome to Me would have been a perfect opener for ITZ had it not been axed. As an OVERALL song however, Oops! is my favorite of the bunch so I vote for that. Worst goes to Alien as not only her worst lead but one of the worst songs of her entire career. :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: 
In terms of overall quality and replay value: OIDIA > BOMT > Slave > Gimme More > MATM > Womanizer > Invitation > TTWE >>>>> Alien

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Isla said:

Gimme More is my fave lead single, one of my fave Britney songs of all time and an amazing album opener. Oops comes very close though.

If we're judging this based on album opener alone, then I'd say my 'least favourite' is Womanizer, because I think Circus (song) would have been a better album opener. I'm not too sure about Alien, part of me thinks it works but part of me thinks Work B!+c# might have been a better opener?

Agreed 100% esp with circus not being the opener, womanizer should have been track 2 or smth

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Agreed 100% esp with circus not being the opener, womanizer should have been track 2 or smth

I actually feel like Kill the Lights could work as track two after Circus as a opener. And then have Womanizer as track three, Out From Under as track four and then the rest of the tracklisting as normal.

• Love 1