If the conservatorship is "voluntary", shouldnt a simple request from Britney terminate it?

Her father gonna use doctors and her mental health to keep her under the conservatorship. She said yesterday she is depressed and this won't help her to get out.

But still, I believe they will make a deal with her: we will let go easily, but you will not sue anybody.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, UKasz.b said:

Her father gonna use doctors and her mental health to keep her under the conservatorship. She said yesterday she is depressed and this won't help her to get out.

But still, I believe they will make a deal with her: we will let go easily, but you will not sue anybody.

But it’s not a mental health conservatorship so this is a farce on their end. Illegal. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, UKasz.b said:

If being depressed grants one a conservatorship then 1/3 of the world should be in one.

Plus, her mental health clearly deteriorated because she's in a conservatorship, proving the cship as she said does more harm than good.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

If being depressed grants one a conservatorship then 1/3 of the world should be in one.

Plus, her mental health clearly deteriorated because she's in a conservatorship, proving the cship as she said does more harm than good.

But she is currently under conservatorship so it's easier for them to prove she has mental health issues and needs it. This something they gonna lift up when Britney will make petition to end this ****. This is the only way they can keep her under control. They don't have nothing else to defend themselves.

1 minute ago, UKasz.b said:

But she is currently under conservatorship so it's easier for them to prove she has mental health issues and needs it. This something they gonna lift up when Britney will make petition to end this ****. This is the only way they can keep her under control. They don't have nothing else to defend themselves.

It's not like they already dont have most like doctor reports saying she has mental illness. She opening up about it is good for her. The fact is the cship is SUPPOST TO HELP HER GET WELL, she clearly stated it's having the opposite effect.

• Like 1

Theres no way in hell this is voluntary in or out. how the hell could a so called 'mentally unstable' person choose to be in a cship [why would anyone choose to anyway?] and if it was voluntary to get out why has Britney had to fight for years and having to now testify in court to get out of it?

1 minute ago, jonloch1 said:

Theres no way in hell this is voluntary in or out. how the hell could a so called 'mentally unstable' person choose to be in a cship [why would anyone choose to anyway?] and if it was voluntary to get out why has Britney had to fight for years and having to now testify in court to get out of it?

Yep… but in the eyes of the law it’s voluntary. 

7 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

Yep… but in the eyes of the law it’s voluntary. 

but how can that be? Taking it  away from Britney for a second, cships are used mostly for people who have mental issues and cant think for themselves hence why they are under a cship, for example, someone with dementia. but someone with dementia wouldnt have the mental capacity to agree to a cship but it would still be put in place because they wouldnt be able to look after themselves. but it wouldnt be 'voluntary' because they didnt actually give approval

18 minutes ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

The fact is the cship is SUPPOST TO HELP HER GET WELL, she clearly stated it's having the opposite effect.

This is exactly what has been said yesterday. Cship supposed to help people, but as we can see it doesn't work always as it should. In Britney case the problem is her father. He is obsessed with control.

7 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

but how can that be? Taking it  away from Britney for a second, cships are used mostly for people who have mental issues and cant think for themselves hence why they are under a cship, for example, someone with dementia. but someone with dementia wouldnt have the mental capacity to agree to a cship but it would still be put in place because they wouldnt be able to look after themselves. but it wouldnt be 'voluntary' because they didnt actually give approval

For Britney I think they used conservatorship to force her for treatment (if she really had any mental illness).

In my country we called it 'incapacitation'. Family can do it only when someone is loosing his mind (?) (eg Alzheimer's disease or dementia). This is the only way to keep person alive and secure. I thought it's working the same way in the USA, but Britney's case shows it is a huge tool/weapon to grab rich people from their money by family members. Still can't believe her father do this to her. I thought he truly wanted help her.

6 minutes ago, UKasz.b said:

For Britney I think they used conservatorship to force her for treatment (if she really had any mental illness).

In my country we called it 'incapacitation'. Family can do it only when someone is loosing his mind (?) (eg Alzheimer's disease or dementia). This is the only way to keep person alive and secure. I thought it's working the same way in the USA, but Britney's case shows it is a huge tool/weapon to grab rich people from their money by family members. Still can't believe her father do this to her. I thought he truly wanted help her.

Exactly, so it wouldnt be 'voluntary'

4 hours ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

No, it was voluntary to get in but not to get out. She was likely coerced into it using the children as leverage. 

Make it make sense.

the laws are whack. 

It was never voluntary, in the very begining she tried to dispute it hiring her own layer who even spoke about it on live tv recently I believe. But she was deemed incapacitated and therefore unable to hire her own lawyer or make decisions on her own. She eventually started to cooperate with it so maybe that's why they started to call it voluntary but it was never so and she never wanted it from the begining. 

Just now, land said:

It was never voluntary, in the very begining she tried to dispute it hiring her own layer who even spoke about it on live tv recently I believe. But she was deemed incapacitated and therefore unable to hire her own lawyer or make decisions on her own. She eventually started to cooperate with it so maybe that's why they started to call it voluntary but it was never so and she never wanted it from the begining. 

The permanent conservatorship is voluntary according to court filings.