Jazz Jennings opens up about Binge eating disorder and a weight gain of 100 pounds

While we talk about anorexia and bulimia as eating disorders, nobody even mentions or discusses binge eating disorder.  

I'm pretty sure some of us, went through the binge eating one, for me, it's because it didn't talk or help me address the issues when I wasn't ready to talk or listen, aka the best friend when all you want is something that's comfort without criticism or judgmental or unwanted apologies. 

Jazz Jennings opens up about Binge eating, and how most probably suffer from this, as food is comfort, and certain meds, which I'm pretty sure she's given to due to hormones and others that are required for treatment as a trans person..

But like she admits, she always felt constantly hungry, which psychological meds are known, one minute you can be full, 30 minutes later, you are hungry again. It really doesn't stop, a cycle that repeats itself, even when you are off whatever med you're prescribed to, it is always there. 

Kudos to Jazz for opening up about binge eating disorder. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block