The best decade for music?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely 2000s (especially the first half, 2000-2005), when it comes to 2010s I do like some of the music released that decade but a lot of the popular hits I absolutely hated (Party Rock Anthem, Somebody That I Used To Know, One Dance, Shape Of You etc.) 

I like the 90s as well but I as I grew up in the 2000s I will always feel nostalgia more with this decade. 

90s R&B and hip hop was the best. It was sultry and ****, but left your imagination to allow the imagery. 

They weren't vulgar, but they weren't so explicit but it was there but not so overtly..

And this was why many songs flew over my head as a kid, cos I had no idea what they meant. 

But definitely 70s-00s. I hardly like music today, it's way too chill, as I near 40 in 2024. It really doesn't represent me anymore.  Plus there is no iconic superstar anymore, what made the superstar, was not knowing the person on a level that makes them relatable to you..

Archived