The hip hop erasure of Nicki Minaj is all due to the fact that she wanted to be the first female mogul like jay Z and dr. Dre.

Spicechinodiva

5 hours ago, Dreams said:

oh don't worry i think everything is ephemeral and unpredictable in this industry , cardi will not last forever, people have very short attention span nowadays and they get bored quickly, just look at how katy perry fell off, who would have thought in 2011 that her career would be so tragic years later?

i think nicki will have her comeback one day, she just needs a good cohesive album direction, maybe a concept visual album? i couldn't care less about number 1#s or grammys, what matters is longevity and influence and nicki has plenty of that.

"one day ur on top of the world and the next day they tear you down" - britney

Thank you, thank you and thank you! I agree with you! Honestly, I don’t care about awards and number #1s, but the fact that every female rapper before and after Nicki is awarded except for Nicki, it doesn’t sit well with a fan. She has PLENTY of iconic hits and iconic rap lines, she’s not only a rap girl but a pop girl on her own right.

Anyway, I agree with you that she needs a whole new team behind her to help her with the direction of her music until it’s not TOO late. She tries so many ideas all at once and it’s confusing. Also, her albums are too long... I thank her for all the music but sis needs a direction and a concept. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, Style. said:

Thank you, thank you and thank you! I agree with you! Honestly, I don’t care about awards and number #1s, but the fact that every female rapper before and after Nicki is awarded except for Nicki, it doesn’t sit well with a fan. She has PLENTY of iconic hits and iconic rap lines, she’s not only a rap girl but a pop girl on her own right.

Anyway, I agree with you that she needs a whole new team behind her to help her with the direction of her music until it’s not TOO late. She tries so many ideas all at once and it’s confusing. Also, her albums are too long... I thank her for all the music but sis needs a direction and a concept. 

I do think she should focus on herself, she should stop jumping on 400 collabs a year and keep those verses for her solo stuff, just work her hardest on a mixtape/album, maybe even start her own record label to get more artistic freedom, go independant like Iggy, i know she still has it in her, she just needs to focus more on her own content. She seems a bit lost,  but the raw talent is still there.

Deep down, people know that Nicki is still a better artist/rapper than these newcomers. Everytime there's a new female rapper, they always get compared to Nicki. She kinda became a new business model/blueprint of female rap. Back then it was Lil Kim,  now it's Nicki Minaj. There is clearly some kind of controlled sabotage/vendetta agains Nicki at the moment, they're trying their hardest to discredit her and erase her.  Nicki may not be the kindest person in the industry but there are male rappers that did way worse things than her and yet nobody says ANY word about them.  It's weird.

Nicki stays in people's mind, rent free. Nicki stays in our unconscious mind , no matter how hard the industry is trying to sabotage her.

Archived