Toxic ABC special complete rehearsal, Brian as stand in

warioaddams

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, Brian is a great choreographer. And dancer, of course. He's hitting every single mark and showing how elaborate the whole routine is (I think since there's no cameras changing angles, we can fully see how intrisinc the whole number is). 
But this kind of video also goes to show how briliant Britney was (and I personally believe still is), as a performer and dancer. When she does the routine, it feels whole and properly "done". Whereas most dancers go from step to step, looking sometimes spasmic connecting this move to next one... Britney simply flows with it, or in it. She owns it to a way that it looks like the music works around her moves, not the other way around. 
Clear proff is the final bit (where lyrics go "intoxicate me now..."), how the moves look completely different from Britney doing them to the other dancers. The step is clearly just mostly about the hands moving, but Britney makes it her own by fully moving all her upper body. And. It. Just. Looks. Better. 
It still baffles me to this day how she was able to be on pair with professional dancers in the execution of this routine whilst on heels (like in the ABC special or the NRJ awards)

Homegirl is the definition of starpower. She's just in the corner, shyly still learning the routine, yet the moment you spot her, you can't help but stare at her execution all the way to the end haha

Archived