Exhale Book Club

nwonder

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite authors of all time is Kevin O’Brien - he writes suspense/horror/thriller. And he has quite a few books. I’m behind about 8 books and need to read them! His style of writing flows very easy and I tend to see his books in my mind like movies. So they are very fun, good reads. I really enjoy the twists and omg moments lol. The first book I ever read of his was:

content?id=pLx0g2x_CMgC&printsec=frontco

I remember my friends being really into Stephen King and Anne Rice, even Dean Koontz- I was determined to find an author of my own. I spent an entire afternoon at Borders bookstore (yes, I’m that old 😂) and I didn’t leave until I had this book in my hand. It used to have a cooler cover lol, which caught my eye. I totally judged the book by its cover 😂 but it was the best choice ever. He’s legitimately my favorite. 

I believe he is also from the LGBTQ+ community. He is a very cool guy from Seattle- I’ve written what I guess would be fan mail  to him and he responded with a set of label stickers that he personalized for me with like 6 autographs I could put on all my favorite books of his. He even sent a Christmas card one year wishing me a “Cool Yule” 😭 I really need to get back into his books. 

• Love 1
On 8/3/2021 at 6:09 PM, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

One of my favorite authors of all time is Kevin O’Brien - he writes suspense/horror/thriller. And he has quite a few books. I’m behind about 8 books and need to read them! His style of writing flows very easy and I tend to see his books in my mind like movies. So they are very fun, good reads. I really enjoy the twists and omg moments lol. The first book I ever read of his was:

content?id=pLx0g2x_CMgC&printsec=frontco

I remember my friends being really into Stephen King and Anne Rice, even Dean Koontz- I was determined to find an author of my own. I spent an entire afternoon at Borders bookstore (yes, I’m that old 😂) and I didn’t leave until I had this book in my hand. It used to have a cooler cover lol, which caught my eye. I totally judged the book by its cover 😂 but it was the best choice ever. He’s legitimately my favorite. 

I believe he is also from the LGBTQ+ community. He is a very cool guy from Seattle- I’ve written what I guess would be fan mail  to him and he responded with a set of label stickers that he personalized for me with like 6 autographs I could put on all my favorite books of his. He even sent a Christmas card one year wishing me a “Cool Yule” 😭 I really need to get back into his books. 

On 8/5/2021 at 1:34 AM, Korey said:

The Midnight Library and The Last Flight are two I’d recommend…enjoyed someone’s recommendation of The Woman in the window. Very good one also!

Oooh gonna look these both up!!

I just finished Triptych by Karin Slaugher (love her) had me gripped to the very end.

:wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nwonder said:

Oooh gonna look these both up!!

I just finished Triptych by Karin Slaugher (love her) had me gripped to the very end.

:wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

Oh I will have to add Mr. Kevin O’Brien to my list. 

it’s a shame there’s not more stores like Borders these days. 

let me know what you think of those two if you look them up. :)

• Love 1
On 8/8/2021 at 1:46 AM, nwonder said:

Omg so glad you enjoyed it! I know, the ending was something else. The husband was skitz

:gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

SPOILERS:

Spoiler

You can feel from the begining something is wrong with him. Like the writer is making you think she is the drunk bad mother but small details like throwing away the food she makes, the cigarette smell,the night she blacks out on vacation...:snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, HolyTrinity said:

SPOILERS:

Hide contents

You can feel from the begining something is wrong with him. Like the writer is making you think she is the drunk bad mother but small details like throwing away the food she makes, the cigarette smell,the night she blacks out on vacation...:snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

Spoiler

Oh gosh I had forgotten about that (I read it last summer) but I remember thinking he was an  a s $ a  few times during the book. Like the way he was over possessive over their child. 

I did feel bad for the guy she was having the affair with tho 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, nwonder said:

They are too busy reading national bestseller ‘Things I should have said’ 

How that hasn’t been listed as an actual recommendation yet is a miracle! :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: Yet, I’m sure more Exhalers than not have read it, or at least excerpts of it! :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

Communist Manifesto still outsold that Swamp Gazette bestseller! :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block