Exhale Book Club

nwonder

On 12/30/2020 at 10:35 AM, nwonder said:

I was pondering reading ATLWCS but I decided not to end. I’m glad I stuck by my decision lol

The vanishing half sounds right up my street. Adding to my list 

:howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

I think I remember hearing about it but never read. Is it good? Love anything thriller-ish 

Ha ha don’t judge me but I tend to buy digital downloads of books so I can easily read them on the train. I do prefer having physical copies of books but digital books are so much more convenient 

:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Yess. Let me know what you think of Lagom if you read it.

I also recommend IQ84 by Murakami if anyone hasn’t read it. It’s quite possibly one of the most amazing books I’ve ever read

519r4TImKdL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Murakami is my favorite author :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Currently reading Since We Fell and I am loving the mystery in the story:onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

515DdyyAqoL.jpg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

i read that when i was like fourteen it was kinda traumatizing lmao esp since i was raised a jw and...yeah u get it

Oh gosh, it’s been a while since I read it so I’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Hope it’s not too offensive? 
:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

5 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

am currently re-reading dune, last book ive read is probs east of eden it was a really dope book

I’ve heard about it but never read it. Is it sci-fi?

1 hour ago, thebritmaster said:

Murakami is my favorite author :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Currently reading Since We Fell and I am loving the mystery in the story:onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

515DdyyAqoL.jpg

Downloading this ASAP !!

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

8 hours ago, nwonder said:

I’ve heard about it but never read it. Is it sci-fi?

which one? dune is sci fi but its more  like politics also and many other things

east of eden is about a guy that settles in cali in like 1900 and has two sons it sounds boring but its really not

8 hours ago, nwonder said:

Oh gosh, it’s been a while since I read it so I’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Hope it’s not too offensive?

nah not offensive jw are pretty mocked anyway and hey theres sme truth to it so its ok

i was more shocked about the child abuse part it really stuck me

• Love 1

A book I truly want to recommend is Dean Koontz One door away from heaven. 

The book starts like this: 

"The world is full of broken people. Splints, casts, miracle *****, and time can’t mend fractured hearts, wounded minds, torn spirits."

And is a feel good funny book with a deeper meaning. What everyone needs these days in short. Start reading here and I swear you will want to continue: 

https://www.deankoontz.com/one-door-away-from-heaven-chapter-excerpt/

• Love 1

Thanks for this thread!

I'm big sci-fi and end-of-the-world stories fan, so I recently read Metro 2033, and I am now halfway through the sequel, Metro 2034.

Basically, the planet has been destroyed during a nuclear war, and the story follows survivors protected from radiations in the Moscow underground. Honestly, despite a promising premise and some interesting ideas here and there, the story is not taking off due to poor writing (and full of ***ist undertones, women have barely any major role). There's another sequel, Metro 2035, but I doubt I will read it.

:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Metro 2033 (series) by Dmitry Glukhovsky : AudiobookCovers

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Im currently reading the classic: "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus'

Even though its from the early 90s, its still pretty relevant now.

My goal for the past few months has been to read once a day for an hour everyday.

I've done that and its been really interesting and ive learned alot from these books.

Reading should definitely be a priority especially for your mind

• Love 3
14 hours ago, IUSM said:

Thanks for this thread!

I'm big sci-fi and end-of-the-world stories fan, so I recently read Metro 2033, and I am now halfway through the sequel, Metro 2034.

Basically, the planet has been destroyed during a nuclear war, and the story follows survivors protected from radiations in the Moscow underground. Honestly, the despite a promising premise and some interesting ideas here and there, the story is not taking off due to poor writing (and full of ***ist undertones, women have barely any major role). There's another sequel, Metro 2035, but I doubt I will read it.

:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Metro 2033 (series) by Dmitry Glukhovsky : AudiobookCovers

Ooh this sounds really fun! I’m gonna look it up

if you like sci - if, you might like this trilogy - Court of thorns and roses 

91a8KQeCRaL.jpg

I haven’t read them but it was recommended by a friend and on my reading list ha!

Also do you like His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman?

17 hours ago, Marlean said:

A book I truly want to recommend is Dean Koontz One door away from heaven. 

The book starts like this: 

"The world is full of broken people. Splints, casts, miracle *****, and time can’t mend fractured hearts, wounded minds, torn spirits."

And is a feel good funny book with a deeper meaning. What everyone needs these days in short. Start reading here and I swear you will want to continue: 

https://www.deankoontz.com/one-door-away-from-heaven-chapter-excerpt/

I deff need a feel good, funny  book after reading lots of dark thriller stuff. Thank you soo much!!

:)

19 hours ago, Mooncatcher said:

harry potter and the order of the phoenix:ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

I stan Umbridge tbh

:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

My goal for the past few months has been to read once a day for an hour everyday.

SAME!!

I’m hoping to cut down my screen time this year and replace it with reading 

❤️ 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nwonder said:

Ooh this sounds really fun! I’m gonna look it up

if you like sci - if, you might like this trilogy - Court of thorns and roses 

91a8KQeCRaL.jpg

I haven’t read them but it was recommended by a friend and on my reading list ha!

Also do you like His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman?

I deff need a feel good, funny  book after reading lots of dark thriller stuff. Thank you soo much!!

:)

Thanks, I will check it out!

Yes, I read His Dark Materials years ago! I liked it. The BBC has been making a TV series out of it - I need to watch it! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block