Throwback review: 2005's "Come and Get It" by Rachel Stevens

2K16NEY

This album is PURE pop perfection.  The timeless hours I’ve spent listening to this record. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Nothing Good About This Goodbye was supposed to be released as a single, since Rachel performed it live in a few shows and a single edit was made, but due to the lack of commercial success, Polydor decided to make the worst mistake they’ve ever made and cancelled the rest of the album’s promotion.  

Funny How is one of my ultimate drunken h0e anthems. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

My top 5 fav tracks:

Funny How

Nothing Good About This Goodbye

It’s All About Me

I Will Be There

Some Girls

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, aleomg said:

This album is PURE pop perfection.  The timeless hours I’ve spent listening to this record. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Nothing Good About This Goodbye was supposed to be released as a single, since Rachel performed it live in a few shows and a single edit was made, but due to the lack of commercial success, Polydor decided to make the worst mistake they’ve ever made and cancelled the rest of the album’s promotion.  

Funny How is one of my ultimate drunken h0e anthems. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

My top 5 fav tracks:

Funny How

Nothing Good About This Goodbye

It’s All About Me

I Will Be There

Some Girls

This album cannot be forgotten! It is monumental for pop music! :enigma_alien_blue: 

Polydor made their first mistake by releasing Negotiate With Love as the lead single, it was no where strong enough. The rollout should have been So Good, I Said Never Again, Nothing Good About This Goodbye, and Crazy Boys. Periodt!!! Funny How is one of my drunk h0e anthems too, let's get drunk together :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

• Love 2

Thank you so much for bringing attention to my ´´before-Britney´´ (es. 2007)  queen Rachel Stevens!

The album is SOOO great and so ahead of its time....I listen to it from time to time and never get tired of it..

My personal favourites - Crazy boys, Secret garden, Dumb Dumb, NGATG, Funny how and I will be there 

For some weird reason, the singles were the weakest for me - especially ISNA(BHWA). Love Negotiate with love tho.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

This album cannot be forgotten! It is monumental for pop music! :enigma_alien_blue: 

Polydor made their first mistake by releasing Negotiate With Love as the lead single, it was no where strong enough. The rollout should have been So Good, I Said Never Again, Nothing Good About This Goodbye, and Crazy Boys. Periodt!!! Funny How is one of my drunk h0e anthems too, let's get drunk together :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Negotiate With Love is probably the worst song. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Omg your rollout would’ve been amazing. I honestly think fans really know the best way to promote an album. Specially in terms of singles release and music videos. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

YAS! Let’s get drunk and h0e around. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, aleomg said:

Negotiate With Love is probably the worst song. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Omg your rollout would’ve been amazing. I honestly think fans really know the best way to promote an album. Specially in terms of singles release and music videos. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

YAS! Let’s get drunk and h0e around. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Negotiate With Love is b-side realness :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: Yasss Record labels should really try recruiting the fans :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: and lemme know when and where boo :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block