Why don't you like K-Pop? What do you think of BTS?

Blackout2006

So, i have seen alot of hate here for K-Pop in exhale and wanted to ask everyone who hates K-Pop...

Why do you hate k-pop?

Im not a fan of it, i listen to some bangers that are K-Pop (Thx @iAlwaysSingLive for introducing me to la dida dida :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:). Songs like dynamite are bops too :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: I used to be a bigger fan of K-Pop back in 4th grade when i was 10-years old and was listening to Hyolyn and MAMAMOO alot and enjoyed their music quite much :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Spoiler

Have any K-Pop stans here heard these songs, these r my K-POP childhood bops, lol!

So, why dont you like K-Pop? 

So alongside with that question, what do you think of K-Pops biggest band, BTS? I really like them and enjoyed MOTS: 7 :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

Lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me I just don't like the production of K-Pop, it all sounds dated to me, their songs sound like western pop music from the early 2010s and not in a good way + the industry itself seems very manufactured and lifeless, the only K-Pop group that I listen from time to time is blackpink. Regarding BTS they're not bad but their music sounds like Katy's music from the early 2010s (Teenage Dream and Prism), I've listened to some of their songs and they all sound like Katy rejects from that time and also I've never really liked groups in the first place even western ones

Prepared for a lot of misconceptions and unnecessary generalizations in this thread, but whatever... :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

As for BTS, I've listened to about 4 or 5 of their albums in full, but I haven't fully delved into their discography, which is hella huge. :typing_keyboard_computer: I think only like 3 of them are genuinely cute (Jungkook, Taehyung and Jin), whereas the rest are very average for K-Pop idols. Though, I think they're all extremely funny and entertaining. :) Favorite songs: Epiphany (Jin Solo), Best of Me (not BTS making me like a The Chainsmokers song), Butterfly, So What, Mama (J-Hope solo), Dimple, Singularity (Taehyung Solo), Anpanman, etc. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: As for my favorite member, it's Jin, and that's on period blood. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Prepared for a lot of misconceptions and unnecessary generalizations in this thread, but whatever... :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

As for BTS, I've listened to about 4 or 5 of their albums in full, but I haven't fully delved into their discography, which is hella huge. :typing_keyboard_computer: I think only like 3 of them are genuinely cute (Jungkook, Taehyung and Jin), whereas the rest are very average for K-Pop idols. Though, I think they're all extremely funny and entertaining. :) Favorite songs: Epiphany (Jin Solo), Best of Me (not BTS making me like a The Chainsmokers song), Butterfly, So What, Mama (J-Hope solo), Dimple, Singularity (Taehyung Solo), Anpanman, etc. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: As for my favorite member, it's Jin, and that's on period blood. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Anpanman is such a bop :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

I don't really listen to much K-pop outside of Blackpink & BoA so I think it's okay in general but I love those two artists. :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:. My favourites are As If It's Your Last by Blackpink, Forever Young by Blackpink, Boombayah by Blackpink, Valenti by BoA, No. 1 by BoA and of course, Hurricane Venus by BoA. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

I'm not a BTS fan and I do think they have a tendency to have their skills exaggerated by people but everyone has their own opinion and I respect their art and hard work. :) 

Archived