BLACKPINK in Elle

Jordan Miller

On 9/18/2020 at 2:56 AM, LaLisaManoban said:

They are from Korean, I'm from Europe and you I have no clue, but I assume you're not from Korea... so, explain me how this is not having a global impact?! And you need to start to know the difference between the real world and your world! I don't listen to BTS (for example) but I know they are the biggest boysband in the world!

ATG5.gif

And I'm from Africa, so I can further attest to their global appeal. 

• Love 1
On 9/18/2020 at 4:51 AM, bitbitboi said:

omg you guys are insufferable. I like Gaga and Selena, and they both collaborated with them. But that doesn't mean I know them. I don't know their names, and their sound is whatever. And even if I knew one song, that doesn't mean they are the biggest girl group in the world. Biggest on YT maybe, if you guys care so much about stuff like that, but they don't have global impact, at least not yet. I mean, the Spice Girls were the biggest girl group in the world, without a question. And they were MASSIVE. How old are you? :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

I dislike Blackpinks new sound, (since they are always making babys of kill this love + Du du du) but you cannot deny that right now, where the competition of girl groups is soo like breadcrumbs, they are slaying the game. Before Dynamite the had the most views in 24 hours, and have one of the highest selling albums from k-pop.

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I dislike Blackpinks new sound, (since they are always making babys of kill this love + Du du du) but you cannot deny that right now, where the competition of girl groups is soo like breadcrumbs, they are slaying the game. Before Dynamite the had the most views in 24 hours, and have one of the highest selling albums from k-pop.

OK..... This makes more sense. You're not selling them as THE thing, because they are not, but in the current pop landscape (DEPRESSING), they are the biggest girl group... I guess? Poor centennials.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

IT'S CALLED THE INTERNET

I KNEW ABOUT THE SPICE GIRLS BACK IN 1996 WHEN WE USED DOVES TO SEND MESSAGES

Well duh we are living in 2020, so what if I discovered them on the internet the point is that they are a completely different culture and genre to what I am use to and they appeal to me. The only other 2 musical acts that got me this excited watching them were the Spice Girls and Britney. 

Besides they are gaining alot of traction in my country, their new single is being heavily played on all our radio stations, so if we were in the times of doves I'm sure I would have still somehow discovered them. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block