Lindsay is relaunching her movie career

Easy There

speed-the-plow-lohan.jpg

Lindsay Lohan is announced that she's coming back to the States to make a comeback.

The world watched as child actor Lindsay Lohan progressed from cute Disney-kid in 1961's The Parent Trap to a DUI druggie who bounced in and out of courts and jails. She had brief success with films such as Freaky Friday (2003) and Mean Girls (2004), but for the most part, if you heard anything about the 20-something Lindsay it was bad news. Lindsay arrested for DUI. Lindsay in and out of rehab. Lindsay jailed. The paparazzi stuck to her like glue, knowing that any minute she would do or say something that would have tabloid editors begging for that picture. She got a reputation (deservedly) as an unreliable performer who might or might not show up when she was supposed to. Her life was a public mess. Nobody, but nobody, wanted to work with her. She was her own worst enemy.

So, what did she do? Well, she got the heck out of dodge, moving to London around 6 years back.  She did a stage play, a revival of David Mamet's anti-Hollywood satire Speed the Plough. The Guardian said that Lohan was the best thing about the revival: "The first thing to say is that Lindsay Lohan gives a perfectly creditable performance". Can this be the ever-evolving Lindsay Lohan we know? Seems so.

She actually looks better than she has in a long, long time. Now in her 30s, she appears to have found a level of comfort and acceptance that she was missing in the 20-something Lindsay. And now she's announced that she's coming back to the States to make a comeback. Let's take a look and see if Lindsay really has made it back, at last. She's signed on to play a police detective in an upcoming Mickey Rourke film, "Cursed".

Angel Oak Films and Alt House Productions will produce, with Angel Oak representing the project — which is slated to start principal photography this summer — at the European Film Market in Berlin.

Cursed tells the story of renowned psychiatrist Dr. David Elder (Rourke), who teams up with police detective Mary Branigan (Lohan) in a race to stop an escaped psychiatric patient from killing five people held hostage in a remote house. The film’s casting was handled by Debra McCarthy.

Los Angeles/Brussels-based Angel Oak Films is the new production and sales banner headed up by Pascal Borno, Alain Gillissen and B.I. Rosen. New York-based Alt House Productions is led by Holt, Michael Alden and Mike Kuciak. 

Source

Source #2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I hope it goes well for her, she is very talented. I've always been more of a fan of her music but her movies are good too. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

To me she was always an actress who did music. Ik this movie is kinda ****. But it's her first Hollywood role. So if she does good she might get other chances as well.

• Content Curators
11 minutes ago, Easy There said:

To me she was always an actress who did music. Ik this movie is kinda ****. But it's her first Hollywood role. So if she does good she might get other chances as well.

Yes I hope so, I always felt that she would have been this generations most important actress but unfortunately she feel off. 

I wanna be there when you touch fire

21 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Stopped reading after 

"The world watched as child actor Lindsay Lohan progressed from cute Disney-kid in 1961's The Parent Trap to a DUI druggie who bounced in and out of courts and jails. She had brief success with films such as Freaky Friday (2003) and Mean Girls (2004)"

:rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: 1961? They really thought Lindsay Lohan was in her 60's :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Archived