Famous remix albums

In the heels of Dua Lipa's new remix album, "Club Future Nostalgia", getting rave critic's reviews, and me loving remixes so much, I decided to compile a little list of famous remix albums, starting with Britney's MEGA UNDERRATED (by her own fanbase) remix albums, which I LOVE!

- Britney Spears - "B In The Mix: The Remixes" (2005)
North American cover:
R-569903-1368683497-3372.jpeg.jpg

International cover (so beautiful):
2f097775e94fa783213be40b2dffc271.953x953

With "And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)"! A gem.

- Britney Spears - "B In The Mix: The Remixes - Vol. 2" (2011)
(this cover is disgusting omg)
R-7425294-1441270294-9659.jpeg.jpg

This compilation is less "emotive" for me, maybe because the songs are newer, but the remixes definitely hit harder!

And some others (in chronological order):

- Madonna - "You Can Dance" (1987) - 5,500,000 copies sold
You_Can_Dance_Madonna.png

The cover is amazing, so iconic.

- Björk - "Telegram "(1996)
Bjork_telegram.png

I haven't listened to it yet, but isn't Björk's music a constant remix? hah

- Michael Jackson - "Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix" (1997) - 6,000,000 copies sold - Best selling remix album so far.
Blood_on_the_dancefloor.jpg

I have this one! It's long, and definitely moody/vibey, but it's not as consistent as I expected.

- Limp Bizkit - "New Old Songs" (2001) - 500,000 copies sold
Limp_Bizkit_New_Old_Songs.jpg

OMG THIS IS AMAZING. I loooooved Limp Bizkit when I was in high school and I still listen to them, their music is great. This was such a treat, and I appreciate that a rock band released something like this (they have a DJ in the group though)

- Jennifer Lopez "J To Tha L–O! The Remixes" (2002) - 3,000,000 copies sold
J_to_tha_LO.png

Great album! The remixes are almost new songs, like "Ain't It Funny (****** Remix) (feat. Ja Rule)", which was a single with a great video.

- Linkin Park - "Reanimation" (2002) - 1,900,000 copies sold (in the US)
Linkin_park_reanimation.jpg

FAN-TAS-TIC. A rollercoaster.

- Goldfrapp - "We Are Glitter" (2006)
Goldfrapp_we_are_glitter.png

The album name, this is for the gays :orangu:

- The Beatles - "Love" (2006) - 5,000,000 copies sold
Love_(The_Beatles_album).jpg

It features music compiled and remixed as a mashup for the Cirque du Soleil show of the same name.

- Lady Gaga - "The Remix" (2010) - 500,000 copies sold
Lady_Gaga_-_The_Remix_1.png

Not perfect but "LoveGame (Chew Fu Ghettohouse Fix) (feat. Marilyn Manson)" is WILD.

Do you know more remix albums? I'm sure there are more!!

Related:

EDIT: Added by you!

- Janet Jackson: "janet. Remixed" (1995)
2dc889b628b1ec396c4b6da8df358c2f.jpg

- Mariah Carey - "The Remixes" (2003)
The_Remixes_Mariah_Carey.png

It is primarily a collection of remixes of some of Carey's songs: disc one is compiled of club mixes, while disc two contains Carey's hip hop collaborations and remixes.

- Kelly Clarkson - "Piece By Piece Remixed" (2016)
Kelly_Clarkson_-_Piece_by_Piece_Remixed_

remixes.jpg

• Like 1

Im not a fan of remix albums typically. But i love the way JLo did her remixes when she completely transformed a single "I'm real" and "aint it funny". Same song title but whole new verses, production, concepts. Honestly the only two Britney remix songs that I like better than their original are "Crazy Stop Remix" and "Early Morning Jason Nevins Remix". Some are ok but i dont see the point of a remix unless it elevates a song. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDOutBCE5weW_aLrZzRw3

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Towelney said:

Kinda lol :gagasmile:

I actually feel like it's 40+ year old gay men that love remixes. Whenever I went to a local gay bar with majority older gay men, they would play nothing but remixes to Madonna, Whitney and Mariah. Where as my friends liked current songs, heck even regular versions of Madonna and Mariah.... :watrusayin:

Whitneys " its not right but its Okay" remix slaps tho :ramona:

17 hours ago, Brat said:

The touch of my hand remix is one of my all time favorites 

YOU KNOW IT :letitburn:

17 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

Im not a fan of remix albums typically. But i love the way JLo did her remixes when she completely transformed a single "I'm real" and "aint it funny". Same song title but whole new verses, production, concepts. Honestly the only two Britney remix songs that I like better than their original are "Crazy Stop Remix" and "Early Morning Jason Nevins Remix". Some are ok but i dont see the point of a remix unless it elevates a song. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDOutBCE5weW_aLrZzRw3

YESSS!!

Guys this remix compilation is amazing.

17 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

I actually feel like it's 40+ year old gay men that love remixes. Whenever I went to a local gay bar with majority older gay men, they would play nothing but remixes to Madonna, Whitney and Mariah. Where as my friends liked current songs, heck even regular versions of Madonna and Mariah.... :watrusayin:

Whitneys " its not right but its Okay" remix slaps tho :ramona:

40+ year old gay men I'm 35 you b itch... :orangu:

AMAZING remix, it makes dead people dance (according to you, = 40+ year olds :haha:)

15 hours ago, bliss said:

2dc889b628b1ec396c4b6da8df358c2f.jpg

I forgot about this one!! That cover is fire...

9 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

JLO’s remix album was also the first number one on the Billboard charts for a remix album. Haven’t fact checked if another has been number one as well or if she still holds the record :mattafact:

I didn't know that, thank you!

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

YOU KNOW IT :letitburn:

YESSS!!

Guys this remix compilation is amazing.

40+ year old gay men I'm 35 you b itch... :orangu:

AMAZING remix, it makes dead people dance (according to you, = 40+ year olds :haha:)

I forgot about this one!! That cover is fire...

I didn't know that, thank you!

The hell I’ve loved remixes even when I was in middle and high school. I was 10 when JLO’s came out and I loved it. Was 14 when BITM came out and 

and 

were a couple of the first remixes I bought on iTunes in high school @Neneleaks :lemmetellu:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block