Seattle BLM protesters demand white people ‘give up’ their homes

GMFlop

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thumb me down all you want but this is the most stupidest thing ever, I'm so over BLM at this point :nochillbrit:

How come they never protest the violence that goes on in the urban neighborhoods? There's viral footage almost every week of someone getting shot, robbed or killed on camera. The gang on gang violence, the shootings, the killings? Nooooo, it only matters when a Caucasian cop kills someone, so much power they have can be directed at more important matters :hillary:

POC here, can just say, the whole "white people bad evil narrative" needs to go. It's annoying and it makes you sound like you're 5 years old, it's literally getting to the point where Black people who ARE actual criminals are being excused LMAO.

Spoiler

If anything, it shouldn't be Black people asking for their homes back, it should be the natives but no ones ready for that conversation. :jj:

So...I used to work in multi residential housing...here's the issue.

Back in the 60's and 70's there were neighborhoods that african american, latinos and asian american folks moved into and then the whites moved because they were told their home values would go down due to people of color moving into their neighborhood. Flash forward to the 90s and these neighborhoods became the "hood" or the "projects" part of town. A lot of these places started accepted Section 8 vouchers etc. They weren't really profitable but the local government would chip in. 

Eventually these same neighborhoods weren't profitable at all and investors eyed them because cities like San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, Denver and many others were growing. Private investors bought these apartment communities and houses then didn't renew their leases AKA EVICTED the folks in them and rebuilt new condos and houses. Most of these investors are from over seas (China, Germany, Singapore) so they could care less about how locals feel. 

That is where we are today...so they technically aren't wrong when they say "You took our homes" but it wasn't the residents or buyers. It was the investors that took their homes and it was our local governments that stood by and allowed it. Americas corruption is being unveiled and its going to get nasty out there...more than it is now.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived