Why did Fifth Harmony flop without Camila Cabello?

4 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

I actually think you got it all wrong. They weren't "trying" to push anybody in the front, they were trying to give everyone the chance to shine, seeing as each of them had their own singing parts, ad-libs, sass, and it was bound that in different songs, some people would sing less, and others more. They were definitely steering away from being a "*****cat Dolls" kinda group, since all of them were at a singing competition trying to be a star, not background singers.

But my opinion: I think only three of them had any chance to succeed

Camila Cabello: Most feminine, petite, cutesy distinctive voice. Personally, I dislike her. She seems the pettiest, victimizing herself (wolf in sheep's clothing) under the hoods of i'm the smallest, the one that needs protection, but is actually the meanest (and racist one). 

What she's missing: Identity. She really looks up to Taylor Swift and is trying to mimic the businesswoman that Taylor is. (the bearding game is strong with this one) Her music so far has been one-trick pony

Lauren Jauregui: She has the huskiest, seductive voice, most beautiful of them all (imo), very strong and opinionated personality (talking about being anti-vaccine was not a good look)

Personal opinion about her: I think she will outlive the rest of them cause she knows who she is, she doesn't want to do pop and doesn't seem fame hungry and she seems she's enjoying flying low under the radar and just releasing some bops here and there (and I guess making money with smaller gigs)

Normani: Amazing in one word with looks and being real, and actually seems the sweetest. I don't know why she's not succeeding, but maybe the material she picks just isn't ringing with the general public? 

Other two: // Don't know them 

tenor.gif

Maybe I should've worded it differently. They were trying to give everyone a chance to shine, but even back in X-Factor as far as the formations Lauren was usually in the center and led the vocals, more than the others. It wasn't until Reflection and particularly Sledgehammer, that they pushed a bit more for Camila being a "lead". From that point, she clearly had most of the lead vocals.

I think perhaps Normani is a bit of a perfectionist and they're waiting for the right timing and trying to find the right sound for her. I'm not sure if there is ever a perfect time that you can plan, I'm sure they weren't expecting COVID and now, who knows when her debut will be released. I do think Lauren has a shot at success and she has a better idea of who she wants to be as an artist compared to Camila and Normani. Camila definitely needs to find an identity however, I can't criticize too much because she has had a lot of success since she's gone solo, especially compared to the others (with Normani being the exception). I just don't see it for Dinah, unfortunately and Ally if she plays her cards right I'm sure can have a decent career (guest vocals on dance tracks, Nickelodeon theme songs, EPs and/or single releases) but not major pop success. I actually really like her song, Look At Us Now, fun-vibe and dancey.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

Maybe I should've worded it differently. They were trying to give everyone a chance to shine, but even back in X-Factor as far as the formations Lauren was usually in the center and led the vocals, more than the others. It wasn't until Reflection and particularly Sledgehammer, that they pushed a bit more for Camila being a "lead". From that point, she clearly had most of the lead vocals.

I think perhaps Normani is a bit of a perfectionist and they're waiting for the right timing and trying to find the right sound for her. I'm not sure if there is ever a perfect time that you can plan, I'm sure they weren't expecting COVID and now, who knows when her debut will be released. I do think Lauren has a shot at success and she has a better idea of who she wants to be as an artist compared to Camila and Normani. Camila definitely needs to find an identity however, I can't criticize too much because she has had a lot of success since she's gone solo, especially compared to the others (with Normani being the exception). I just don't see it for Dinah, unfortunately and Ally if she plays her cards right I'm sure can have a decent career (guest vocals on dance tracks, Nickelodeon theme songs, EPs and/or single releases) but not major pop success. I actually really like her song, Look At Us Now, fun-vibe and dancey.

Let's get real, none of them are interesting and people don't really care about their solo careers except Camilla. That's why all five of them were cut from X Factor and then invited back but as a group. But none of them are "stars" and that includes Camilla.

2 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Let's get real, none of them are interesting and people don't really care about their solo careers except Camilla. That's why all five of them were cut from X Factor and then invited back but as a group. But none of them are "stars" and that includes Camilla.

I think its very unrealistic to objectively say that Camila and Normani have not had success since going solo. Regardless, of how you feel about them, they have found success. Longevity is something else entirely and Normani hasn't even released a debut album but she was featured on two back to back #1 Pop hits and has a lot of industry support, endorsements and deals already. In context, compared to their other group members, and new acts in general, they have done very well.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

Because Camila was what made the group POP in the first place. Even back during their X Factor performances, they tried the "Lauren as lead" front and center mix.
Even then, post-Miss Movin On, with Reflection. They tried Normani as lead with "BO$$" - I adore Normani, but they achieved their first true pop success with Sledgehammer, where Camila was finally front and center, and the lead, and it seemed like they got it right. Camila just has that extra bit of sass...and is more distinctive than the rest (with the exception of Normani).

Sledgehammer (sassy Camila as lead):

Fifth Harmony GIFs

Worth It (Camila sang most of the vocals and is in the center of most performances)

Worth It Dance GIF - WorthIt Dance Girls - Discover & Share GIFs

Once Camila was pushed to the front a bit more with the formation and vocals (which they started to do on Reflection) they saw more chart success.

I have theories that Lauren was removed as a leader for being rebellious and answering against representatives of Epic.
 On the other hand, Sledgehammer was never a bigger hit than Bo $$, both are moderately successful (and bo $$ did a better stream).
 As for Normani as the leader, I think that not having such a worked voice prevented her from shining more, because she couldn't breakdancing and leave the other untidy girls trying to keep up with Queenormani.
Camila's voice is special and different from the other 4

57 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

The x factor was just the beginning, obviously they weren't going to be so incredibly talented if they were all beginners. Or are you going to tell me that there is a generation of solo singers out of talent shows that have managed to succeed? :jlostare:

1 hour ago, waynebradybyday said:

I think its very unrealistic to objectively say that Camila and Normani have not had success since going solo. Regardless, of how you feel about them, they have found success. Longevity is something else entirely and Normani hasn't even released a debut album but she was featured on two back to back #1 Pop hits and has a lot of industry support, endorsements and deals already. In context, compared to their other group members, and new acts in general, they have done very well.

I didn't say they didn't have success. 

25 minutes ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

The x factor was just the beginning, obviously they weren't going to be so incredibly talented if they were all beginners. Or are you going to tell me that there is a generation of solo singers out of talent shows that have managed to succeed? :jlostare:

They were each cut from the show which says it all. Simon saw potential in them as a group so he allowed them to come back if they stayed together. He basically said you're not talented enough or interesting enough on your own and I agree with that.

Hace 2 horas, PickleSpears dijo:

Cada uno fue cortado del programa que lo dice todo. Simon vio potencial en ellos como grupo, así que les permitió regresar si permanecían juntos. Básicamente dijo que no eres lo suficientemente talentoso o interesante por tu cuenta y estoy de acuerdo con eso.

I understand what you mean, but you have to consider that there are many soloists on those shows like the x factor, but they rarely have musical success :orangu:
 On the other hand, when they came to the program they were too young to look professional (they were between 15 and 19 years old).
 Maybe Simon's mind was always doing One direction or little mix. He saw these very talented girls and knew that if he brought them together there would be more projection outside the program :brityes:

57 minutes ago, Sakis***** said:

Not enough star power.camila was the only one with charisma

HIGHLY disagree. Even though the last album was not succesful, mv were great and showed their talent as performers and they were very ´´eye candy´´. For example videos for He like that or Angel. 

And if not all of them then Normani! Also Lauren is great and has a very mesmerizing look in her eyes when she stares in camera (bad girl look).

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block