Why did Fifth Harmony flop without Camila Cabello?

• Super Mods

5H was a band of very talented girls (yes even Camilla although she was personally my least fave) however, their management and label had NO IDEA how to handle them. 

1. They were too different and couldn't get along. A couple of "teambuildings" could have resolved this
  2. Their team and label were favorizing. For some reason, they liked Camilla the most, although she was the weakest link
  3. Once they started pushing Camilla, the fanbase liked her the most
  4. Hence why once Camilla left, she took a great portion of fanbase along with her
  5. The remaining girls never got enough exposure in the first place, so people stopped caring

Overall, it's not Camilla's fault, its the whole team behind the group. They mishandled everything :mhm: 

• Love 7

I think it was because of the messy way Camila left, they put out that statement saying she chose to leave then she put out a statement saying she had no idea she was out of the group essentially saying she was kicked out :orangu: this made the rest of 5H appear shady and because Camila was the most popular I feel like most people believed her side and she then took most of their fans with her

Their last album was also pretty generic :ehum: 'Down' was just trying to replicate Work From Home and the music video for 'Deliver' was so boring lol, their performances were also very lazy during this time with mostly only Normani putting on a decent show

Sauced Up and Por Favor are still bops though :bop:

Honestly, it was all the team ! They had a decent album and could’ve done so much better if they would have invested in them instead of going full force on Havana ooh na na. I also think the  girls were probably trying to follow Camilas journey of success, but unfortunately due to the contracts they had were unable to release music right away. All in all I think girl groups are always doomed due to egos and fans always pitting the girls against one another. That with the toxicity of the record labels, I think the girls ran as soon as they were allowed to. I love 5H and wish they would’ve worked it out for one more successful era because they were on fire 🔥 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The group was flopping before Camila left. That's My Girl was very low on hot 100 (73) so the GP wasn't there for the group even before the split. 

They didn't have enough chemistry to keep the group, I guess. I don't remember a lot of groups that could keep the public interest after one member is gone to be honest. Even the Spice Girls suffered when Geri was gone. 

• Love 1

Cause she worked (and definitely tried 😂) the hardest. Maybe once she left they knew things were inevitably going south. IIRC It’s pretty much known the girls weren’t happy and didn’t even like each other? 

oh well. Not everyone can be the legendary Little Mix. 

😬

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

Y’all don’t wanna year it but Camilla was their Justin Timberlake. Without Camilla no one was checking for 5th harmony as much. As much as u may not like it. Or her. She made that group popular 🤷🏻‍♀️ ..kinda reminded me of danity Kane without Aubrey there was no group. Back then. 

Love down but it sounded to similar to work from home.. etc they just didn’t have the star power without her. plus 5th harmony shading Camila at the vmas didn’t go well And it just helped Camilla even more imo.  Love normani but 2-3 years later still no album... the others girls love em but nothing either really. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

What happened to Camila and Fifth Harmony also happened to the legendary kpop girl group Girls Generation back in 2014

when SM Entertainment released a statement that Jessica decided to leave but Jessica said she had no idea she was kicked out of the group. 

The only difference was both Jessica and Girls Generation didn't flopped and had longevity with their careers while Fifth Harmony flopped after Camila's departure.

I think it's Girls Generation's bond as a group that saved them from disbandment. They established a sister-like friendship to each other so there's chemistry, there's actual harmony.

2 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Y’all don’t wanna year it but Camilla was their Justin Timberlake. Without Camilla no one was checking for 5th harmony as much.

plus 5th harmony shading Camila at the vmas didn’t go well And it just helped Camilla even more imo. 

I agree with this. Camila was the crowd favorite and has the most distinguished voice among the members. 

Removing Camila was like removing your strongest pokemon while youre battling the Elite Four.

It also tarnished their girl-group bond or sister like friendship image so maybe the GP lost interest.

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block