How are gays in your country in general

conceptuel

Thread full of stereotypes incoming :gagasmile:  Before answering, please read

To make it short:

I have a male friend, and he was a closeted bi with a significant preference for guys (80%).

I would've never guessed even though he enjoys pop culture with me  :beyfedup: 

He also shaves his legs & wears an anklet :beyfedup: he got it when he went to idk which island in Oceania :beyfedup: what a tourist :jl: but I know a straight guy also doing it so I didn't take it as a sign :beyfedup: he isn't gay he's European :beynah:

Aside from that he's muscular & handsome :beyfedup: 

He told me that a few days ago, I was preparing some tea, didn't know that he was going to spill tea hotter than mine :mariahstare:  I'm the only person to know  :chershade: 

Here comes the reason why I made this thread: throughout the discussion, I learnt the reason why he's never dated anybody. I mean, me too, but that's because I'm a romantic girl looking for the Prince Charming :deserves: 

He told me that he was also waiting for the Prince Charming or the Princess Charming :makeup: 

He doesn't like that much 'gay culture'. He's freaked out by saunas, backrooms and stuff like that. He hates bars & nightclubs because it's full of drugged/drunk people that only wants to have s3x according to him, and he doesn't want to meet his lover there. He tried a dating app once, and... 2 hours after and 50 harassing texts + more than 10 **** picks he closed his account. Some old guys proposed him money to s*ck his **** :mariahstare:  and a young one wanted to dominated by him in a very humiliating way (dog) 

As if it wasn't complicated enough for him, he has a list of requirements :gagasmile: nah jk, his 'requirements' ain't that hard, he just wants a muscular/sporty guy around his age (20) because he wants to train with him & that is studying. Personality-wise, he just wants a nice guy with some sensibility (not scared to share his feelings) yet masculine. He doesn't like effeminate guys, and he hates shallow guys (let's say, Emma Roberts) or guys that are hooking-up 50 times a month. Oh and he doesn't want to have s3x immediately. He doesn't like s3x without feelings. 

Here's the problem according to him: he can't find any guy. I mean, it's pretty normal, since most of them would be unrecognisable just like him, I told him that he probably popped into a gay guy that enhances his requirements yet none of them realised that the other one is gay/bi :gloria: and he's also an introvert :mariahstare:

He feels kinda lonely regarding that & told me that he expected more gays to be like in movies and TV shows :gloria: he's veeeery romantic yes :jl:

So I'd like to know, how are gays in general in your country? 

And is there anybody like him? How do you deal with that? 

I eventually told him to find a girl, I expect it to be easier :whitneyshade: He's not really looking after anybody, he's just there strolling around & preventing people from approaching him in a romantic way, even slightly, unless he takes for granted a mutual attraction :mariahstare: 

Guess what? He's not even the most complicated one among my friends :gagasmile: 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Why Did I Read This Whole Thing?  What Do You Mean, How Gays Are In Your Country.  Please Gurl Explain.  Did I Miss Something? 

46 minutes ago, VCTR said:

I didn’t read any of that but I think what you wanna know is that gays here are young, dumb, and full of...

Reveal hidden contents

:chrissy:

53 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

....you kind of have me confused :orangu: are we gonna talk about your friend or the position of gays in my country? Or the way gays behave in my country? 

23 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

might be a shocker, but they are gay :clicktina:

Really sorry, I should've been clearer. I hope that I didn't offend any of you :boredashell: It's just a thread about my friend, he's really confused and since I don't know any gay guy (only one bi friend but can't talk about this with him, since the one in this thread doesn't want to 'come out' loudly). I'm kinda full of stereotypes and my references regarding them are TV shows & movies :gum:

Okay, so let me reformulate, because the title of the thread is kinda messy :gross:

Is he just too picky/posh?

How can he find a guy without dating apps & bars/clubs?

By 'how are gays in your country in general' I meant are guys like him kinda numerous or extremely rare? Because I know (or maybe not?) that for example gays in the US are kinda different than Western European ones which are very different from Eastern European ones 

• 3 weeks later...

In New York City, where I live, there are gays everywhere and it’s normal entirely. I think parts of California, NYC, Austin and most major cities are accepting and understanding.

Outside of that I don’t know how someone would find another gay guy without an app. Most of the US is still pretty conservative and ignorant in my perspective but I’m curious about that too.

Archived