Mulan coming to Disney+ on September 4th... for $30

Seriously $30 ON TOP of the subscription price for RENTING (not owning).

You can literally buy a movie ticket for a third of that price or buy the dvd for much less as well.  I feel like they are using this to test how much they mooch off people, especially from the 'crazy rich Asians' (a stereotype of a specific class of Asians who don't mind spending a lot of money), because they said themselves they're 'using this movie to test the market'. 

4 hours ago, aloha said:

here in brazil we dont have disney+ :watrusayin:

maybe the movie still in plans for cinema here :watrusayin:

Yes they announced it's still coming to theatres for countries who don't have Disney+.  So you'll be able to watch it for cheaper on a huge screen vs. everyone else having to rent it for an additional $30.

• Love 1

at first I was like "wtf $30 is ridiculous" but when you think about it...

they spent millions and millions of dollars on this movie and they need to make a return on it some how.. looking at the trailer it looks super high budget

plus, this type of on demand pricing is kind of common, it's done for wrestling matches and stuff. $30 is more expensive than a movie theater ticket but when you think about a group watching it at once it's actually cheaper.

A family/group of 4 going to see the movie in theaters at the regular ticket price of $12 would cost $48 so being able to watch it at home would be cheaper in that case

Or if you had a watching party with 10 friends (not recommended during COVID but anyways) you'd each be able to watch a new theatrical movie for just $3 each.

• Like 2

Personally I’m excited! Who knows when theaters will really be open again. This movie was already supposed to come out 5 months ago. $30 is a little expensive, but they’ll probably still lose a lot of money. A family of 3 would spend $30 (probably much more, at least where I live) on tickets alone. Really, even 2 ppl on a date would spend that much.  Not to mention how much they would spend on snacks and drinks. Really it’s only expensive if you were planning to go to a matinee alone, or wait 6-12 months until it was put on Disney plus, which really makes no difference for you. This is a film that could have potentially made a billion dollars at the box office, like Aladdin or The Lion King. They can’t just lose all that money. Plus if you pay $15 to see it at the theater, you only get to watch it once. I’m sure with this happening you’ll be able to watch it as many times as you want for 48 hrs or something. 

• Love 1

Great reason for parents to let the kids watch the original and get kids back to appreciating 2D animation. 

Or Disney, how about not remaking your classics by giving it a glitzy live action treatment and use those funds to make better films? 

I really want to see this film but I’ll wait till their “dvd” release. $30 can get me A LOT OF THINGS 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.