29 years ago Paula Abdul topped the billboard hot 100 with rush, rush

Spicechinodiva

29 years ago Virgin records and Paula's official label Captive records achieved Paula's Fifth #1 hit for Virgin records and her first for Captive. 

Virgin America launched in 1986. 

5 years later Their biggest act and actually still is according to Billboard  

Janet was also signed to Virgin but as we all know outside the Janet,  album her success with Virgin wasn't as successful as The control and Rhythm nation eras. 

Got her own record label with Virgin records America, inc

Rush, Rush was really one of two songs that defined the summer of love in 1991. 

The other was of course None other than Everything I do (I do it for you) by Bryan Adams.

The video is inspired by Rebel without a cause. Paula was always adamant that she was heavily influenced by old school glamour and Hollywood and the MGM musicals which was popular in the 1940s.

According to the press it's release and being a big ballad was actually PR from Virgin and Paula as they were slapped with a lawsuit. From a background vocalist who claimed she sang lead as well as Paula. Of course The courts Ruled in Paula's Favor. A background vocalist is just that. Back up

The official dub mix isn't really a dub. But an extended stripped mix

@Roxxy

done 

P.s. this is my wedding song been that way since I was 7. I will fight with him if he decides not having it. 

I ain't settling. I aint compromising 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived