Britney Mashup with a lebanese / arabic twist

migeal

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, conceptuel said:

Madonna used an arabic instrumental in 'Frozen' and it sounded so mysterious and gorgeous at the same time 

Britney should definitely try it, it'd fit her a lot (+ the arabic themes are very interesting, and some bellydancing classes would make her more fluid)
Boys & Gimme More in FFT were cool but not enough well produced

I've always wanted Britney to experiment more with middle eastern beats . In fact she always does extremely well with oriental/cultural/middle eastern inspired sounds (Touch of my hand , slave , boys , toxic My prerogative etc) . Say what you say but my perogative , Toxic and some elements of slave all have hints of middle eastern vibes and i've always enjoyed that now imagine if she does the same formula but more driven and thematic throughout the song. It'll be insane . 

3 hours ago, summer2summer said:

I've always wanted Britney to experiment more with middle eastern beats . In fact she always does extremely well with oriental/cultural/middle eastern inspired sounds (Touch of my hand , slave , boys , toxic My prerogative etc) . Say what you say but my perogative , Toxic and some elements of slave all have hints of middle eastern vibes and i've always enjoyed that now imagine if she does the same formula but more driven and thematic throughout the song. It'll be insane . 

My Prerogative is heavily influenced by it yeah

If she goes that way she'd likely make mysterious sounds, and I really want an album with that vibe since we've never really got one (remember the 'feed the wolves'?). Especially at her age (and the whole mystery surrounding her life since 2008) she has enough material to make something that surpasses Madonna's Ray Of Light.

& in her 2001 tour she mixed Janet Jackson with bellydancing, hence her insane fluidity even when she was barely moving (her hips were always on movement).
now even though she's very energetic, she still has to deal with her stiffness especially with her hips (BBMA 2016 performance)

4 hours ago, conceptuel said:

Madonna used an arabic instrumental in 'Frozen' and it sounded so mysterious and gorgeous at the same time 

Britney should definitely try it, it'd fit her a lot (+ the arabic themes are very interesting, and some bellydancing classes would make her more fluid)
Boys & Gimme More in FFT were cool but not enough well produced 

I enjoy Nancy Ajram's music more than Haifa Wehbe though :imcute: but I don't like at all her last album

not only gays like her 

at least she's more talented than the Kardashians, you know, the one that is also really well-liked :gross: they're plastic as ****, can't dance or sing

and sings better than Selena Gomez tbh

And Kylie Jenner has always given me strong Heifa Wehbe vibes :ehum:

talent isn't what makes you necessarily famous :imcute:

I think talent in the middle east is perceived differently than in westren world.

We like more tarabi voices and people who can easily hit notes.

I don't think auto tune works well with arabic music.

21 minutes ago, OMG. said:

I think talent in the middle east is perceived differently than in westren world.

Autotune doesnt work well true and not really a loved Sound in the mid east, very few of those who use it make it on the long term

5 minutes ago, migeal said:

Autotune doesnt work well true and not really a loved Sound in the mid east, very few of those who use it make it on the long term

I think we are ok with some processed vocals like what Elissa and Hamaki do.

But full auto tuned vocals are not well perceived. 

30 minutes ago, OMG. said:

8 minutes ago, migeal said:

Yeah because the emphasis is not really put on the performance but rather on the vocal abilities.

However, it’s not true in North Africa, I’ve noticed that 90% of their songs are heavily autotuned 

1 minute ago, conceptuel said:

Yeah because the emphasis is not really put on the performance but rather on the vocal abilities.

However, it’s not true in North Africa, I’ve noticed that 90% of their songs are heavily 

I listen to asmaa lamnawar , thekra and they have big vocals.

I saw saad l'amjjard once live and he could sing live very well.

Those are the only north african singers am familiar with they songs.

I also, occasionally listen to some Moroccan hits and yes they use some auto tune.

The scream and shout remix is great

BTW for me , the best arab pop project was "Milk and honey"  and debut album "ELBI " for me one of the records ever made, all the songs are great and it was a great project, with one member for the german teen pop group PRELUDERS, and new algerian pop Manel Filali, it was a good project, they opened the Nelly furtado New years eve 2007 in Berlin, the problem is didn't found a good sponsorship to take the project to another level. i left some videos. If the most ara

2 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

The scream and shout remix is great

BTW for me , the best arab pop project was "Milk and honey"  and debut album "ELBI " for me one of the records ever made, all the songs are great and it was a great project, with one member for the german teen pop group PRELUDERS, and new algerian pop Manel Filali, it was a good project, they opened the Nelly furtado New years eve 2007 in Berlin, the problem is didn't found a good sponsorship to take the project to another level. i left some videos. If the most ara

I still listen to Habibi to this day .. but never heard there full album will try and do 

Archived