Dua Lipa ‘Future Nostalgia’ Vs Lady Gaga ‘Chromatica’

These are both really great albums and both are very well produced. Personally, I prefer Future Nostalgia over Chromatica just because the sound has a much more carefree summer futuristic 80s vibe. Although Gaga did great with an 80s vibe the songs come off a little more dark and edgy to me. When listening to it it just puts me in a different mindset than FN. Again, still both amazing albums and really happy to see Gaga killing it again. 
Regardless, I love that these two woman were working on separate projects yet ended up with such a similar album sound. They both just have really great taste and a good ear for creating an inventive sound that pushes the envelope. They both should be proud of the successful and solid masterpieces they created in 2020. 

But also....does anyone else hear a little bit of Hallucinate in Enigma. “I’ll breathe you in forever and ever....hallucinateeeeeeee.” “Or is it just a siggggggn.” 

• Love 1

Honestly I think Future Nostalgia is pretty overrated, i like songs like Cool, Don't Start Now, Break My Heart and Hallucinate but idk it's hard to explain, the production just feels "dry" if that makes sense. I loveee 80s music and the lush production it has but this album seems to be lacking that with the exception of "Cool". It feels like of like Bruno Mars' generic 80s rehash music. maybe i just don't like the funk and disco influences.

Also, Good and Bed and Boys Will Be Boys should have been left off the album; they're terrible.

I only listened to Chromatica once and it was kind of an enjoyable listen so I guess it wins.

• Love 1

I love gaga more, but im gunna go with Future Nostalgia. Chrom is prob my least fav gaga album so far, and has surprisingly underwhelmed me after I enjoyed the singles as much as i did. 

Dua - all the singles shes put out have been great, Cool, levitate and Love again are also incredible. BOTH queens could use a little more variety - Speechless and No Goodbyes are some of my favs from their previous work.

• Love 1

None are my favorite ever, but it's a hard choice,cause I appreciate both in different ways. I prefer Chromatica's subjects and approach. I am kind of absolutely bored of the "let's date cause I am hot" message within Future Nostalgia. I appreciate the flow (as many have mentioned), the complexity and honesty of the message within Chromatica are unparalleled. Now,I do think it takes itself too seriously and honestly, there are like two songs at most that are standouts for me. The rest is like one long, boring song.

Future Nostalgia is more fun for me, I enjoy more songs. So, each has its own appeal.

• Love 1

Chromatica. I absolutely love Future Nostalgia but Chromatica is on a whole nother level... It's a piece of art and it just works together with all the songs.. It's doesn't feel like just bunch of random songs.. It's telling a story and it actually feels like a movie when you listen to it in full from start to finish. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, popmusicstan said:

. It's telling a story and it actually feels like a movie when you listen to it in full from start to finish. 

That’s the problem with Chromatica 

You should listen to the songs in order 

you can’t listen to the song individually 

when you do that it’s look unfinished song

with no intro and end + it’s too short

• Love 1
On 6/2/2020 at 4:28 AM, sullivanSP said:

These 2 albums are arguably the best releases this year in pop music. Which do you prefer and why ? :chrissy:

For me initially I didn’t take to CHROMATICA. However it edges it for me now. I really have grown to love the seamless transitions and the cohesive attitude to the album. There isn’t any skips. :fakecry: @JordanMiller

9D088B99-B10D-484F-B0DC-9E742CFFB32C.jpeg.494c26b8ec6f72e54dd028544a8a188e.jpeg

Edit and add a poll, it will be easier to see which is preferred more

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Angels970 said:

That’s the problem with Chromatica 

You should listen to the songs in order 

you can’t listen to the song individually 

when you do that it’s look unfinished song

with no intro and end + it’s too short

But the question is which album is better overall and IMO the answer is Chromatica.. 

• Love 1

future nostalgia. way better production, better vocals, way better backing music, thus far better visuals (SL had a mediocre video so..), longer songs that feel more complete and satisfying, way more variety...i think it's much better personally. 

chromatica is like a 4/10 for me, future nostalgia is like an 8/10. was hyped for chromatica, now less into gaga than ever; did not like dua at all prior to future nostalgia but now find her enthralling to watch. i think FN is just much more cohesive yet also more varied, sounds complete, sounds like it had tons of effort put into it...gaga can do 100x better than chromatica imo. i also don't see a story to it...it feels very loose and like the "story" was an afterthought. i like how uncontrived FN was. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block