My goodbye party 🥂🎉🎈 (and long detailed rant 🤓) discussion thread

Illegally EATEN

3 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

She runs gay conversion "therapy". :beat: Or she funds them. You can find more information about her on the FreeBritney thread, but yeah, that's the jist of it. She used to stalk Britney and instead of being given a restraining order, she was handed the keys to the kingdom. :tiffdrink:

THANK U TO U TOO :sendinglove:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wow, exhales a mess:queenie: like I mean...c’mon:gagasmile: y’all could do better I mean...:selena: it’s just a gif y’all :selenerz: what y’all so mad about:ohwut: y’all need to take a chill pill and chill:queenflopga: it’s just a gif in the end of the day, not the end of the world :jlostare: y’all acting like this makes me tear up so much I can’t-:crying2::crying3: we need to step up or else...everything gonna go:unbothered: y’all delusional, y’all delusional, y’all delusional:madonna:this is honestly stupid like...how r u this dumb :airpls:

P.S- Did nobody realize the shade I put in this post loooooolll:tifflmao:

Nnnnn I think you still didnt get it :jl:

This thread is about the following fun thread getting locked:

• Leader

Hey @DonoDotto, I appreciate that you took the time to write out your frustrations. That's a very powerful way to handle things when you're feeling a type of way. 

However, I wish you would have privately messaged me about this. I'm sure we could've made a lot more progress. It feels instead like you posted this just to publicly bash me, which is your right as a poster here. Because I don't expect everyone to agree with me. That is the freedom I encourage members to express.

I can understand that you feel like me locking your topic with the 9 photo manipulations was censorship. It's worth mentioning I didn't hide or delete the topic, I disabled commenting. I did this because I don't want to encourage a culture of people tearing others down, no matter who they or what their offense is. There's a difference between saying I don't like so-and-so because XYZ and this:

Spoiler

Cupace20200521004040.png

Cupace20200521003541.png

Just like in countries where you do have freedom of speech, there are limitations. People do have the freedom to say anything they want, however there are repercussions. Like, going into a crowded room and yelling FIRE. Sure, you can, but that will come at a cost afterwards. I'm not comparing to your post to that specifically, it's just a basic analogy btw. 

I also don't agree with your examples of the emotes. They are inherently light-hearted. Those photo manipulations felt dark and mean-spirited to me. I think that's where we are disagreeing. You're saying they're art, and art is very subjective. I drew a line in the sand and I'm going to stand by it. Those photos do not make Exhale a better place.

I also disagree that "Humor is inherently offensive." Humor CAN be offensive, sure, but the venue where said offensive humor takes place matters. Sarah Silverman putting Britney Spears on blast claiming she was a bad mom during a live airing of the VMAs... comedy! Right? But surely it offended a lot of people and definitely hurt Britney's feelings. Again, not saying you hurt Britney Spears' feelings, just trying to draw some comparisons that humor while it can be offensive as a means for reaction, doesn't make it always right. I would also argue that this was a very weak example of "Artistic expression." I don't feel like that's fair, but again art is subjective so I can't say definitively one way or another. 

I just know when I saw those photos after getting reports from fellow Exhalers that I didn't like the vibe. As a community leader here, it's important for me to keep things feeling good. Bottom line is it didn't feel good to me. That was my mistake in the past with "Exhell," letting everyone run amuck and this place turned away so many valuable and important people because of it. I'm not willing to make that same mistake twice. 

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I truly get your stance. It sucks to create something, and then someone else just locks it with a one-sentence statement and that's that. It must've felt bad to you, and for that I really do apologize. I genuinely feel bad about that. It's not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings, ESPECIALLY Exhalers. You guys mean everything to me.

I hope you can forgive me and hopefully we can move forward, together, and you stay on Exhale. 

Next time something bothers you, please reach out to me privately. I'm always here for you and every member!

Jordan

3 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Hey @DonoDotto, I appreciate that you took the time to write out your frustrations. That's a very powerful way to handle things when you're feeling a type of way. 

However, I wish you would have privately messaged me about this. I'm sure we could've made a lot more progress. It feels instead like you posted this just to publicly bash me, which is your right as a poster here. Because I don't expect everyone to agree with me. That is the freedom I encourage members to express.

I can understand that you feel like me locking your topic with the 9 photo manipulations was censorship. It's worth mentioning I didn't hide or delete the topic, I disabled commenting. I did this because I don't want to encourage a culture of people tearing others down, no matter who they or what their offense is. There's a difference between saying I don't like so-and-so because XYZ and this:

Reveal hidden contents

Cupace20200521004040.png

Cupace20200521003541.png

Just like in countries where you do have freedom of speech, there are limitations. People do have the freedom to say anything they want, however there are repercussions. Like, going into a crowded room and yelling FIRE. Sure, you can, but that will come at a cost afterwards. I'm not comparing to your post to that specifically, it's just a basic analogy btw. 

I also don't agree with your examples of the emotes. They are inherently light-hearted. Those photo manipulations felt dark and mean-spirited to me. I think that's where we are disagreeing. You're saying they're art, and art is very subjective. I drew a line in the sand and I'm going to stand by it. Those photos do not make Exhale a better place.

I also disagree that "Humor is inherently offensive." Humor CAN be offensive, sure, but the venue where said offensive humor takes place matters. Sarah Silverman putting Britney Spears on blast claiming she was a bad mom during a live airing of the VMAs... comedy! Right? But surely it offended a lot of people and definitely hurt Britney's feelings. Again, not saying you hurt Britney Spears' feelings, just trying to draw some comparisons that humor while it can be offensive as a means for reaction, doesn't make it always right. I would also argue that this was a very weak example of "Artistic expression." I don't feel like that's fair, but again art is subjective so I can't say definitively one way or another. 

I just know when I saw those photos after getting reports from fellow Exhalers that I didn't like the vibe. As a community leader here, it's important for me to keep things feeling good. Bottom line is it didn't feel good to me. That was my mistake in the past with "Exhell," letting everyone run amuck and this place turned away so many valuable and important people because of it. I'm not willing to make that same mistake twice. 

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I truly get your stance. It sucks to create something, and then someone else just locks it with a one-sentence statement and that's that. It must've felt bad to you, and for that I really do apologize. I genuinely feel bad about that. It's not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings, ESPECIALLY Exhalers. You guys mean everything to me.

I hope you can forgive me and hopefully we can move forward, together, and you stay on Exhale. 

Next time something bothers you, please reach out to me privately. I'm always here for you and every member!

Jordan

Hi :)

My intent wasnt to bash you, rather to start a discussion about censorship on here where everyone could participate and share their experience.

I didnt take you up on your offer to message you privately because it had a teacher's "please see me after class" vibe and I wasnt here for that...

I can understand your point, you want Exhale to be a positive place.

But I strongly disagree with your claim that the photos are dark or mean spirited. They are inherently light-hearted.

To prove my point, Ive taken my own face from my profile pic, manipulated it to look unflattering and awful, and pasted it on the same photos you used to demonstrate your point. User @EasyThere has agreed to have his face manipulated too to prove this point:

Spoiler

Cupace20200521185216.png

Cupace20200521185614.png

Note to everyone: feel free to poke fun, drag, insult.

The point being, if we can handle it, then rich public figures who are literally paid to have their photos taken can handle it.

Do those photos indicate anything about our personalities? Do they have anything to do with us at all, aside from just being our manipulated faces posted onto wacky photos?

No, they dont.

To the contrary, this was all just in good fun. And I wish youd see that.

Jordan, curious question - being that there was the new change with Google ads and censorship - are you now regarded as a publisher on this site?  I now see that posts show up in Google headlines whereas they did not before.  So, stories that are mainpaged come up as news articles.  What does this mean for us as members?  Are you held liable for our posts?

• Leader
25 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Jordan, curious question - being that there was the new change with Google ads and censorship - are you now regarded as a publisher on this site?  I now see that posts show up in Google headlines whereas they did not before.  So, stories that are mainpaged come up as news articles.  What does this mean for us as members?  Are you held liable for our posts?

Great question! I believe Exhale's headlines were showing up previously, but maybe less visible cause there was a "news" component of the site (when BH was using Wordpress to display news). 

So, stories that are mainpaged come up as news articles.  What does this mean for us as members?

This is a very good thing! That means Google is recognizing that our User Generated Content (UGC) is trust-worthy and worth showing to others. :mimiclap: 

Are you held liable for our posts?

To a certain extent, yes. 

If a member posts a photo that goes against their terms for instance, I am actually more protected because it's UGC than I was when I was publishing the news myself. However, you guys are also protected here. In other words, no one is going to come for you personally. That falls under my domain and responsibility. If you have any worries about that, I would set those aside. 

Think of it like this: If you post a leaked song on Twitter, the music company issues a takedown via Twitter to remove that content. But they don't go after you personally. 

In other words, don't stress. What's happening is a very good thing. In fact, I'd love a screen shot of what you're seeing on Google. 

Anyway, hope that clears things up a little! @jordeezy

On 5/21/2020 at 2:04 AM, DonoDotto said:

Never quite understood why other users got so annoyed when their comments were censored on here, but now that its been done to me I can relate to the bewilderment :goat:

I guess my opinions and performance-art pieces are only appropriate for the dark web :kyliecry:

Just for the record. This is @JordanMiller's site and he has absolutely every right in the world to decide the tone of what is shared on here. I just cant keep up with the double standards though and I cant stand to be fake and pretend :fruit:

Just some examples of our double standards/hypocrisy on here:

If we're gonna pretend like :gagasmile: isnt funny solely because of how cringey and awkward she looks,

If we're gonna pretend like :queenflopga: isnt funny solely because of how delusional she looks,

If we're gonna pretend like :airpls: isnt funny solely because she looks insane here,

If we're gonna pretend like :tifflmao: isnt funny solely because of the unflattering wiping of the nose,

If we're gonna pretend like :mcwave: isnt funny solely because of how beeotchy she comes off in it,

If we're gonna pretend like :tiffanycries: isnt funny solely because her ugly-crying,

If we're gonna pretend like :uknowit: isnt funny solely because it exxentuates her features in a silly way,

If we're gonna pretend like :jlostare: isnt funny solely because she looks like a shady beeotch,

If we're gonna pretend like :ipass: isnt funny solely because of how uncomfortable and shady she looks in it,

If we're gonna pretend like :queenie: isnt funny solely because of the whole 'heavy' aspect,

If we're gonna pretend like :gloria: isnt funny solely because of the whole heavy crazy breasts-bopping-everywhere thing,

If we're gonna pretend like :orangu: isnt literally us laughing at a dying orangutang,

If we're gonna pretend like :pieceofwhat: isnt funny solely because of how unflattering and neurotic she looks,

If we're gonna pretend like :frenchy: or :awks: or :gtfo: isnt funny solely because of how unflattering, uncomfortable, and creepy she looks,

If we're gonna pretend like :crying2: or :crying3: isnt funny solely because we're making fun of her ugly-crying-face,

If we're gonna pretend like :selenerz: isnt funny solely because of the chubby, child-like aspect,

If we're gonna pretend like :madonna: isnt funny solely because she looks insane and with chocolate stuck on her teeth,

If we're gonna pretend like :selena: isnt funny solely because she looks beeotchy,

If we're gonna pretend like :jl: isnt funny solely because she looks possessed/demonic,

If we're gonna pretend like :ohwut: isnt funny solely because of the exaggerated features creating a weird looking, disproportionate face,

If we're gonna pretend like :unbothered: isnt funny solely because we're making fun of how delusional she looks,

(And I could go on,)

Then I wont keep up with all the pretending.

Because if we're also gonna pretend like pasting faces from some of these photos onto other funny or wacky photos isnt funny and wholly innocent,

If we're gonna pretend like everything is offensive, even stuff that clearly isnt real (but I repeat myself),

Then this is all just pretend, putting on a face, acting like we actually believe that everyone thinks that we're just innocent, PC, humorless online characters. I refuse to be fake like that.

Humor is inherently offensive. If you censor humor that is not threatening, debilitatingly devastating or disgustingly distasteful, then there will be no humor.

Artistic expression is not PC. Just ask Madonna.

I choose to live in a world with humor, even if that means that the joke's on me sometimes. Because the world isnt a giant "safe place", and to grow older is to constantly grow tougher skin. 

Ive constantly been uber-positive and encouraging to others on this form; to claim my content is malevolent in nature or mean is mistaken. For the record.

So I'm going into retirement. 👋🏼:queenflopga:

“Performance art”🤣 yasssss Queen!

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Great question! I believe Exhale's headlines were showing up previously, but maybe less visible cause there was a "news" component of the site (when BH was using Wordpress to display news). 

This is a very good thing! That means Google is recognizing that our User Generated Content (UGC) is trust-worthy and worth showing to others. :mimiclap: 

To a certain extent, yes. 

If a member posts a photo that goes against their terms for instance, I am actually more protected because it's UGC than I was when I was publishing the news myself. However, you guys are also protected here. In other words, no one is going to come for you personally. That falls under my domain and responsibility. If you have any worries about that, I would set those aside. 

Think of it like this: If you post a leaked song on Twitter, the music company issues a takedown via Twitter to remove that content. But they don't go after you personally. 

In other words, don't stress. What's happening is a very good thing. In fact, I'd love a screen shot of what you're seeing on Google. 

Anyway, hope that clears things up a little! @jordeezy

Yeah, it's all really complicated and posting online has changed so quickly, so fast!  I wasn't asking as a critique, just curious on how posts can affect you and us as a community.  What kind of future do you want for Breatheheavy:   More news related or more gossip related?

Archived