Eating disorders

THE BAJAN VIBE

Hey guys, I hope you all are doing fine during this strange period we're experiencing. With the lockdown, many issues come out, from our most inner place. Here, in Spain, we're been like 52 days at home and it's overhelming. 

I've had an eating disorder for years and besides I'm in a good place and doing fine, I was worried about this period and the way it could affect me and my anxiety. Luckily, I've dealt with it in a very positive way. Nowadays, I'm a woman who's focused on improving my health and life. In the past, I was just focused on hating on me, blaming myself for stupid things, creating new insecurities everyday. I could never win.

Internet is a very dark place for people with eating disorders and I don't know if any of you are suffering them but I wanted to tell you that you're not alone and it's possible to get out of the dark circle, and to 'put that witch' to sleep. I mean, I don't know if it might help you but... I just wanted to.

I've been woking out at home, eating healthy but focusing your mind on positive things is key. Learning something new every day or week, trying new stuff is great. We're going to be fine and we will hug each other soon. As soon as posible. :kiss:

I wish you all the health for you and your families. We could take this space to share our experiences and tips to focus our mind on good stuff. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Roxxy said:

You're back! :barbie:

I'm happy to know that you're doing well, all this time. Yes, positivity is key! Sending you a lot of love and light! 🧡💜💛

I love you. :hugs::bigkiss:

Oh my god! It's been awhile, how are you doing sweetie? 

Yes, I'm backkkkk. Awwwwww, you've always been so cute, thank you so much. Love you! :hugs:

4 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Oh my god! It's been awhile, how are you doing sweetie? 

Yes, I'm backkkkk. Awwwwww, you've always been so cute, thank you so much. Love you! :hugs:

I'm doing good too. :hugs: I just woke up from like a 4 or 5 hour nap, i'm not sure. And I feel revitalized. :imacat: I hope too see more now on Exhale. :barbie:

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

I'm proud of you, @THE BAJAN VIBE:carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof: I have an eating disorder myself (binge eating), but I'm doing my best to work on that. I've lost 60 pounds in almost a year, so that's progress, I suppose. I send you all my support, and love!

Hey! You're a fighter! You're brave enough to talk about it and being aware of it, it's the first step to get a way out. Binge eating disorder is one of the hardest (or the hardest) eating disorders and I send you all my support, love and strenght. I'm still fighting and we will never stop fighting but it's part of our road. Keep in mind, everything is on you and your vision. Positivity and focus is key. 

Sometimes, we just need someone to talk but we avoid to do it with our inner circle because eating disorders are stereotyped and people judge severely to the ones struggling with them. Feel free to dm me everytime you need to express yourself. Keep fighting, we're fighters!:)

I'm sorry if I got too intense.:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

1 hour ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Hey! You're a fighter! You're brave enough to talk about it and being aware of it, it's the first step to get a way out. Binge eating disorder is one of the hardest (or the hardest) eating disorders and I send you all my support, love and strenght. I'm still fighting and we will never stop fighting but it's part of our road. Keep in mind, everything is on you and your vision. Positivity and focus is key. 

Sometimes, we just need someone to talk but we avoid to do it with our inner circle because eating disorders are stereotyped and people judge severely to the ones struggling with them. Feel free to dm me everytime you need to express yourself. Keep fighting, we're fighters!:)

I'm sorry if I got too intense.:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

It's alright! It's just something I usually don't talk about it with other people because I get embarrassed knowing I binge eat sometimes. It's definitely the hardest eating disorder. I ended up gaining 65 pounds in a whole year because of the fact that I was also depressed during that time, and I ate like crazy to cope with my emotions. I'm here for you too, so if you need to message me, go ahead. I might be a little late getting back to you, but I'll make sure I do :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

5 hours ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

It's alright! It's just something I usually don't talk about it with other people because I get embarrassed knowing I binge eat sometimes. It's definitely the hardest eating disorder. I ended up gaining 65 pounds in a whole year because of the fact that I was also depressed during that time, and I ate like crazy to cope with my emotions. I'm here for you too, so if you need to message me, go ahead. I might be a little late getting back to you, but I'll make sure I do :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Don’t ever feel embarrassed! Same here sweetheart!

11 hours ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

I'm doing my best not to feel embarrassed. In fact, I have picked up stress eating again over the last couple of days, and I hate when I do that :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh: I end up feeling disgusted, and ashamed after the fact.

Be gentle with yourself. My story with eating disorders started a very long time ago and I've experienced different phases of anorexia and bulimia. But, I remember one of the worst moments, was struggling with a strange 'anxiety' that made me eat in excess even when I had eaten previously. The feeling after those moments was the worst, so sad... I would not say it was binge eating disorder but I could understand the frustration. It happened when I was stressed or suffereing anxiety for a bad relantionship in the time, so I think our emotions are key. 

I think everything is a progress and we need to try different roads to heal. I remember, reading a lot about working out and meditation, but I thought it was pure bull**** until I decided to try it convinced. It was a before-after. Meditation and workouts made me reduce my anxiety and it has helped me a lot. Everyone is different, and you have the right to find your own progress, road, healing... Just remember, be gentle with yourself and don't be ashamed <3

On 2/11/2021 at 3:06 AM, StephenDallas said:

I’d battled bulimia most my life. As a male this seen as rare but it also affects so many men. I hope that the stigma attached goes away 

Nothing rare! Sadly, men stay quiet sometimes, because these disorders are so stereotyped... I send you all my support and love, and I hope you're in a good place in your life right now. 

Eating disorders are ignored or unknown in a lot of ways... so maybe this thread is a good place to give support and positive vibes to each others. You're so brave :) 

Archived