Pop propaganda: Anitta

Maybe I’m not supposed to do this but I’m still going to do it (at least my Stan’s work is done):shadelaugh:

I’m going to present you Anitta, Brazilian pop sensation. She is 27. She comes from the favelas and started her career 7 years ago. She revolutionised Brazilian pop industry. Since 2017, she started an international career but she had some issues all long which lead to not being able to be successful abroad. Also, she managed her career alone with her brother. It explained why she had issues with making a name in the US. She has an upcoming song with Cardi B, J Balvin, Rosalia and apparently an American big pop star but it was delayed by Miss Rona.

Here are some of her hits:

2013: her first hit song. She sampled Run the World by Beyoncé. The theme of the song is similar to Run the world. 

2015: Bang. This song. This Video. This Era. Nothing else to say. Just listen and watch.

2016: Sim ou nao with Maluma. The first song which gave her a name abroad. (PS: she ****ed Maluma once so sorry not gay)

2017: The beginning of the international career. 

Sua Cara with Major Lazer and Brazilian drag queen Pabllo Vittar. 2017’s biggest hit in Brazil. This is my favorite song by her. 3 years later, I stil listen to it.

The Checkmate era. She released a song every month for the international market. The 2 first were in English but weren’t hits. The last 2 were big hits.

Downtown with J Balvin her first Latin hit. Look at her *** on this video. And gosh J Balvin is hot in this video. :shaktongue:

Vai Malandra 

Legendary. This is a funk (genre from the favela). It’s a stigmatised genre. The government even tried to forbid it once. This song shows the life in favela, the fun etc. Her biggest hit in Brazil. Her main goal is to have funk respected in her country and in the world. 

Also, listen to Bola Rebola, another funk song with J Balvin

2018: Her worst year. She was cancelled in her country for not speaking about politics, she had a depression and she divorced also. It was her worst year but she got with 2 pop latin hits, one of them Veneno

2019: The year of the featuring. She changed her strategy and wanted to release a small album to have some content for the international market + to do as many duets as possible to make a name.

This is another funk song with Snoop Dog and another Brazilian singer. The first single of her album, Kisses. She had 10 songs but all different from one another. She wanted to show her versatility. 

Faz Gostoso with Queen Madonna. The day the song released I cried. Wow, you can’t imagine what it means to hear one of the biggest star in the world not only singing in your native tongue but also a stigmatised genre. I felt so proud and happy. Funk was finally starting to be accepted by people. What a moment. Also, the best song of Madame X. Such a shame she didn’t release it as a single. 

2020, Rave da favela. For Carnival she always releases songs (best time of the year in Brazil). Also there is the competition for the Carnival hit. One of her latest collab with Major Lazer. Good song. 

If you want to listen to other song you can listen: Paradinha, Combatchy, Make it hot, Machika, Fuego, RIP, Terremoto

If you have some questions about her let me know. 

Love and stream Kisses by Anitta :queenflopga:

anitta.jpg.9e3b6b0550be2cf6e596995b4504d9dd.jpg

31 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Love her! I watched her Netflix doc last year and it made me like her more. 

Her doc is so cool. I'm happy you like her. She is amazing. Have you watch this performance of her? It's her best and it shows her potential. 

The fact that this thread is main-paged and mine about INNA is not :chrissy: clearly racist :chrissy:

Nevertheless, I knew Anitaa, Sua Cara was my jam :whiteladydance: From what you've psoted, Vai Malandra is great! The video is so hot :thirsty: And of course I love Faz Gostoso

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block