Why does everyone make fun of Kesha’s “High Road?”

Urbanney

So disclaimer, I haven’t listened to it because I wasn’t feeling the singles released before the album. However, I regularly see people making fun of the album. It got generally favorable reviews by critics, so what’s up? Is it just because it flopped that people keep making fun of it?

Everyone was all in support of Kesha before this due to her ****** assault claims, but now her album is always the butt of the joke. What am I missing?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's because the expectation was for Kesha to return to this full dance pop sound she used to have and she didn't do that. And on top of that it flopped. But the record isn't bad. Most of the songs are decent. A few fillers. I'd suggest listening to Tonight, Kinky, and Summer.

I actually didn’t realise people were hating on it as it came out in my break from here. But some things never change I guess :sipnstare:

I really liked the album! I liked the lead single a lot but didn’t gel with the second until I heard the album through. I’ve always liked Kesha for her trashy pop but that image and sound was never going to last and I feel like high road is a good middle ground for her. She sounds great on it and I think that it’s a really good album as a whole. I enjoy listening to it through, but think from track 5 has its strongest points. It’s in my regular album rotation and it’s not going anywhere for now. 

It’s my favourite album from her, she did amazing and why drag her for being who she needs to be? Isn’t that what we want for Britney? Let the girl live her best life ffs. 

Drag me for liking it all you want h0es. I said what I said :endit:

Well kinda Like Katy Perry. Kesha proved unfortunately that she was a Dr. LUKE creation. 

Katy flopped right when she stopped working with Dr. Luke. Hate to say it. Sometimes the producers make the artists. Without Dr. Luke. Honestly both Katy and Kesha saw theur career hugely suffer in sales and hit songs. 

Archived