What is Something You're Ashamed to admit? Insecurities etc

Martini

• Leader
1 hour ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

I truly understand you, I own small business and I work from home, and all the time I hear from my family to get "a real job" :joanne:
I'm insecure about my financial situation too, but making your dreams come true takes a lot of time. What I really want is to live on my own rules, I guess that having problems with paying bills is kind of sacrifice for standing out from society...
Please never give up!
I'm telling this myself every day. 

Yes, you nailed it. The freedom I get in other ways is no comparison to getting a 9-5. I've had a full-time job in marketing before, I hated it. I know it's not for me. 

I LOVE pursuing my dreams for a living. Like, how lucky am I? 

I will say this... this new Exhale era, and everything going on with it these last 2-3 months... it's the most excited I've been about BH in YEARS. I literally wake up every day so excited to jump back on and get to work work. 

Keep going for the gold @Charlotte_the_Harlot

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is a beautiful idea. 

I’m also insecure about my financial situation. I’m 29 and also thought I’d be a lot further along by now or at least on the cusp of. I gave up 5 years working in finance to own a small business. It’s been the hardest thing I’ve done and over the last 4 years, it’s rewarded but also cost me a lot. At one point, I had to move back home which is my mind was totally embarrassing. I’m a middle child and my entire childhood was about my two sisters which has made me overambitious so I keep trying to have it all. I bought my first house at 20 but had to sell it because to clear a bunch of debt that I’d accumulated. Luckily, the housing market in my country was booming and I made enough to break even on everything, but at 26, I had only my business left. Things have gotten a lot better, I’m back in my own place and whatnot, but it is hard hearing “maybe you should just go back to finance” or “maybe get a real paying job again” but I want to live by my own rules and can’t seem to compromise on this. 

And despite having clawed my way back into my own home and working for myself moderately successfully, I’ve always been insecure that I didn’t go to university or something even though I wouldn’t know what I wanted to do and that piece of paper hasn’t really held me back but I feel less than for some reason. 

They are the serious ones anyway. I’d love a killer body but I like pasta too much. I do physical work which helped to start, but now I just stay in decent shape but not so much as a shadow of abs has come through. 
Oh and despite being gay, I have never really gotten along with other gays because I feel like I’m not good enough to hang with them. 

That’s enough confession for today. Happiness and positivity to all of you :)

2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Yes, you nailed it. The freedom I get in other ways is no comparison to getting a 9-5. I've had a full-time job in marketing before, I hated it. I know it's not for me. 

I LOVE pursuing my dreams for a living. Like, how lucky am I? 

I will say this... this new Exhale era, and everything going on with it these last 2-3 months... it's the most excited I've been about BH in YEARS. I literally wake up every day so excited to jump back on and get to work work. 

Keep going for the gold @Charlotte_the_Harlot

tenor.gif?itemid=14723361

Archived