Does anyone else get likes and comments from old people on your Facebook comments that are months old?

Illegally EATEN

So every now and then I get a notification on Facebook from random old people liking or commenting on my comments on news articles that are months old :orangu:

Last time happened to me yesterday, some old person liked a comment of mine on a news article from November 2018 :orangu:

Its been happening more often since the quarentine tbh :mcorangu:

Do old folks just like, scroll through years of news articles on pages on Facebook on any given day and read through hundreds of comments? :mcorangu:

Is this like, instead of reading a novel? :mcorangu:

Wondering if this happens to others as well? It cracks me up tbh. Old people on social media = the best.

Life and health to everyone ❤

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I don't. But I get random likes from dirty old men and friend requests and that is why I don't use Facebook that much. I have the app on all my gadgets and it's not logged out but I almost never open it. :imacat:

It's Twitter and Instagram for me. :barbie:

Once in a while, I get a friend request from accounts that are obviously trolls. For example-

Ive gotten two friends requests from fake accounts of girls with suggestive pictures, that turned out to belong to Hamas operatives who were trying to seduce Israeli citizens to friend them so they could gather info on them :gloria:

If they had known those pictures do nothing for me :gloria:

9 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

the real question is - who the hell uses Facebook in 2020 :ohwut: I thought these days Facebook was only used by old people and anti-vax moms :ohdear:

Its true that Facebook has become less "cool" the past couple of years lol :orangu:

But I still find it the most comfortable to use, with everything in one place (pictures articles memes etc.), and its easiest for keeping in touch with people. Or at least with having them on my friends list while I forget about them for a couple of years and then see them pop up again all of a sudden... :orangu: At least I'm (partly) fooling myself that Im keeping in touch :mcorangu:

7 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Ive gotten two friends requests from fake accounts of girls with suggestive pictures, that turned out to belong to Hamas operatives who were trying to seduce Israeli citizens to friend them so they could gather info on them

Omg how do you know? What is that, like a spy? :idkney:

7 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

If they had known those pictures do nothing for me

Hnngg~ :imacat:

25 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg how do you know? What is that, like a spy? :idkney:

Hnngg~ :imacat:

There are posters around in public areas with the title "don't accept friend requests from people you don't know" and it shows the pictures and names of the popular fake profiles and briefly explains the situation :mcorangu: Most of them are scantily dressed women :mcorangu:

Hamas is the extremist terror group that rules the Gaza strip (adjacent to Israel).

11 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

There are posters around in public areas with the title "don't accept friend requests from people you don't know" and it shows the pictures and names of the popular fake profiles and briefly explains the situation  Most of them are scantily dressed women 

Hamas is the extremist terror group that rules the Gaza strip (adjacent to Israel).

I can't believe they would use use smexy pictures to seduce men.:imacat:

48 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Heres an example of one of the posters  tbh this one isnt as "smexy" as some of the other examplez lol  and theres a note at the bottom that says that theyre stolen identities 

Good thing I made my IG private recently. :imacat:

3 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

Once in a while, I get a friend request from accounts that are obviously trolls. For example-

Ive gotten two friends requests from fake accounts of girls with suggestive pictures, that turned out to belong to Hamas operatives who were trying to seduce Israeli citizens to friend them so they could gather info on them :gloria:

If they had known those pictures do nothing for me :gloria:

Social media is crazy!  Wow!  I love that I can use Google translate to see what people from other countries are discussing - it's kinda scary sometimes.  I saw some comments in a foreign language once about collecting pics of U.S. kids from IG to use for mean purposes.  

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Social media is crazy!  Wow!  I love that I can use Google translate to see what people from other countries are discussing - it's kinda scary sometimes.  I saw some comments in a foreign language once about collecting pics of U.S. kids from IG to use for mean purposes.  

Oh my goodness! Well there are countless dangerous people on the internet. Its important to be very careful.

The more relevant question though is- do old people like your ancient comments? 😅

Archived