Hit songs for female singers that were given to other artists (Britney, Janet, Rihanna)

• Leader

Can you imagine Britney Spears singing "Umbrella" instead of Rihanna (that would have been so iconic tbh)? 

Or Janet Jackson singing "I'm A Slave 4 U" or "Boys?"

Or Rihanna singing "Come & Get It" and "Same Old Love" instead of Selena Gomez? 

What if Beyonce never recorded "Irreplaceable?" 

What if Britney released "Telephone" instead of Gaga?

A new video detailing iconic songs that mega artists passed on and given to others is worth your undivided attention. 

What are some songs that you know of that were traded around. What if they weren't passed on? Do you think it'd change the trajectory of their career? 

songs-passed.jpg

This K-Pop song was initially meant for Little Mix: 

Pretty crazy to think about because this song was HUGE for Red Velvet. I don't really think it would suit Little Mix, tbh, so I'm glad the producer decided to sell it. :lizzie:

There's no proof this song was intended for Kesha, but she did record the demo for some reason:

Tbh, I prefer Kesha's version. @Roxxy, here's some more SNSD trivia for you. :goat:

• Love 1

Also:

We all know how huge "Telephone" was for Gaga, but I wonder how it would've done as a Britney song. Critics loved "Telephone", and I wonder if critics would've loved it as much had it been a Britney song. :martini: Still... IMO, both "Womanizer" and "Circus" are better, so I'm glad "Telephone" never became a thing. Maybe could've been a cute 3rd single, though. :lizzie:

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Can you imagine Britney Spears singing "Umbrella" instead of Rihanna (that would have been so iconic tbh)? 

Or Janet Jackson singing "I'm A Slave 4 U" or "Boys?"

Or Rihanna singing "Come & Get It" and "Same Old Love" instead of Selena Gomez? 

What if Beyonce never recorded "Irreplaceable?" 

What if Britney released "Telephone" instead of Gaga?

A new video detailing iconic songs that mega artists passed on and given to others is worth your undivided attention. 

What are some songs that you know of that were traded around. What if they weren't passed on? Do you think it'd change the trajectory of their career? 

songs-passed.jpg

I think Britney doing Umbrella would’ve been iconic as well.  That I would’ve liked to have seen.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.