What's 'Changes?' Justin Bieber is working on "crazy good" new music

• Leader

It appears Justin Bieber is moving on from Changes... STAT.

He's working on new music whilst in self-isolation. He's also done a million dances with his wife Hailey Baldwin for Tik Tok, but I digress. 

I hope he goes for something a little more pop-electro leaning versus R&BIEBER :miley: Changes has a couple of good tunes, but doesn't come anywhere near Purpose.

He says the new tunes are sounding "crazy good." Prove it. :chrissy:

Are you guys ready to give the Biebs a second chance? 

justin-bieber-new-music.jpg

I don't know about "doesn't come anywhere near Purpose". :ehum: Makes it sound like Purpose is that album. Hehe. Like, I get it but Changes is not inferior. I think the opposite. Even if Purpose has 3 #1s and 3 other hits, it's just that. A couple of monster bops, but it is all over the place. Just like Teenage Dream. Just like My Everything. Just like Revival. I'm not a fan of Changes either but I can say it is a better album in terms of artistry because it has a unified theme and sound, albeit its highlights don't compare with the highs of Purpose. But as far as being sonically cohesive and as an "artist's record", it's Changes for sure. Just as Prism, Thank U, Next, and Rare are. For us Britney fans, it's like saying Femme Fatale is better than Glory just because it has more bops and more Top 10 hits and was the last successful Britney record. :mattafact:

• Like 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

I don't know about "doesn't come anywhere near Purpose". :ehum: Makes it sound like Purpose is that album. Hehe. Like, I get it but Changes is not inferior. I think the opposite. Even if Purpose has 3 #1s and 3 other hits, it's just that. A couple of monster bops, but it is all over the place. Just like Teenage Dream. Just like My Everything. Just like Revival. I'm not a fan of Changes either but I can say it is a better album in terms of artistry because it has a unified theme and sound, albeit its highlights don't compare with the highs of Purpose. But as far as being sonically cohesive and as an "artist's record", it's Changes for sure. Just as Prism, Thank U, Next, and Rare are. For us Britney fans, it's like saying Femme Fatale is better than Glory just because it has more bops and more Top 10 hits and was the last successful Britney record. :mattafact:

I agree that Changes is pretty cohesive, but Purpose had that je ne sais quoi. Ew did I just say that :mattafact:

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I agree that Changes is pretty cohesive, but Purpose had that je ne sais quoi. Ew did I just say that :mattafact:

Ok tea tho. I agree whole heartedly with that. Je ne sais quoi for sure!!! You're becoming bilingual. You went no seas cortes in another thread and now french here. I gotta say I have to stan a multiligual king. :mattafact:

22 minutes ago, MX3 said:

since when does cohesion equal quality? Sure, Changes is cohesive but the lyrics are absolutely cringe and painful to listen to, let alone actually sing along to or vibe to. 

It's not like Purpose was lacking in cohesion either.

If that's your argument, then you also can not equate lyrics with quality and not-being-able-to-sing-along-and-vibe-to-it with quality either. Because just as cohesion shouldn't be the only determining factor for quality - just as you said, it also goes that lyrics and being "vibey" shouldn't be the only determining factor for quality either. Atleast my take on it is objective. Being cohesive (you even agreed to it). Yours is an opinion. Being 'cringey' is subjective and is a matter of taste. Just because it makes you cringe and you couldn't vibe to it, it don't mean it's cringey for all and not vibey. :mattafact:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

If that's your argument, then you also can not equate lyrics with quality and not-being-able-to-sing-along-and-vibe-to-it with quality either. Because just as cohesion shouldn't be the only determining factor for quality - just as you said, it also goes that lyrics and being "vibey" shouldn't be the only determining factor for quality either. Atleast my take on it is objective. Being cohesive (you even agreed to it). Yours is an opinion. Being 'cringey' is subjective and is a matter of taste. Just because it makes you cringe and you couldn't vibe to it, it don't mean it's cringey for all and not vibey. :mattafact:

I see your point for sure, but I still think the lyrics can be looked at objectively as extremely simple, one dimensional etc. and very repetitive in terms of subject matter. In TWO songs he sings lalalala ...ugh. it just seemed very lazy.... 

I am trying to consider other albums that are considered simple and one dimensional in terms of lyrics - like blackout was by some naysayers -  so I understand that my bias may have something to do with it because I consider blackout incredible. And obviously way better than changes. I guess I will have to just see how Changes holds up over time. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, MX3 said:

I see your point for sure, but I still think the lyrics can be looked at objectively as extremely simple, one dimensional etc. and very repetitive in terms of subject matter. In TWO songs he sings lalalala ...ugh. it just seemed very lazy.... 

I am trying to consider other albums that are considered simple and one dimensional in terms of lyrics - like blackout was by some naysayers -  so I understand that my bias may have something to do with it because I consider blackout incredible. And obviously way better than changes. I guess I will have to just see how Changes holds up over time. 

Yeah, totally hear you now that you shared more. While I do agree that your bias may have something to do with it too - as am I (with some records but certainly not Changes. I don't stan.), but I totally agree with you on the lyrics being one dimensional and the lalalas. :haha: I don't like the album but I appreciate the vision and the production and vocals. It's just really not my cup of tea. I think yeah Blackout is one dimensional as well and would be considered too racy and "cringe" to some. The only reason it gets a free pass is because they are bops and h0e anthems - most pop music fans would much rather focus on the vibey nature and bopping to it (we love a good h0e anthem) more than the lyrics. And cause it's Britney, b-tch. Hehe. Changes however doesn't have a lot of bops because of its chill nature which I think is the reason why it flies under the radar and just feels underwhelming. It's also hard to connect with a male artist who doesn't make bops and h0e anthems. But I do like Intentions and Yummy. They're certainly not pop gold standard for sure, but I think both are decent enough to be 'of the moment' bops that I will surely forget in 6 months and will be outlasted by Don't Start Now on my charts. :mattafact: Hehe.

• 4 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.