Serious Question For Jordan Miller

Born2Die

Hi Jordan, @JordanMiller

So as of late Exhale has been heavily censored, even to the point of my using punctuation marks instead of letters to not explicitly write a "vulgar" word. And even then my word gets censored. So what exactly happens to you or your site when we do this? I just want to know because I love Exhale and don't want to do anything to hurt your site, but at the same time, this newer censorship is sooo over the top. Regardless, I'll abide by what you say so we can keep this community thriving. :yeahsure:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I'm so sorry about...

I mean... hiyee! ❤ Hehe. Anyway, ughhh... so sorry about all this. I know, it's annoying. :embarrassney:

Jordan and I are not cool with it and we've discussed it days ago and this change has been the cause of a lot of problems for us lately. I'll leave it to Jordan to explain all the details.

• Leader
10 hours ago, Born2Die said:

Hi Jordan, @JordanMiller

So as of late Exhale has been heavily censored, even to the point of my using punctuation marks instead of letters to not explicitly write a "vulgar" word. And even then my word gets censored. So what exactly happens to you or your site when we do this? I just want to know because I love Exhale and don't want to do anything to hurt your site, but at the same time, this newer censorship is sooo over the top. Regardless, I'll abide by what you say so we can keep this community thriving. :yeahsure:

Hey there 👋 

Yea I am not thrilled about the new censor filters in place, but we're doing it with intention.

BreatheHeavy is part of a program that qualifies us as a Google Certified publisher. 

When we have pages that feature bad words and profanity, Google will not show those results in searches or display their advertising. 

They have provided me with a lengthy list of pages that feature bad words. Check this out. I am still working on cleaning up all the pages that have bad words on them, but right now they're saying there's still thousands of pages with bad words:

re.thumb.jpg.3cea31b773bb8f0127cd111715636431.jpg

If I didn't want BH to grow I would ignore their requests, however Google sends us hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of pageviews per month so it's imperative we play along. 

Definitely not my first choice - I am a huge believer in freedom of speech - but we have to play the game.

Sorry about this and I hope you understand 🙏 

• 3 weeks later...

Google is V Bad. Evil.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2016-06-22/google-is-the-worlds-biggest-censor-and-its-power-must-be-regulated

I LOVE swears and free speech and I don't want to live in the world Google is creating.

- - -

Google themselves don't censor the *****cat Dolls BAND, though. I don't think the results we see here were part of their intention.

https://play.google.com/store/music/artist/The_*****cat_Dolls?id=Ao3dxd6vehpqczhxm7kqwxgi4ka&hl=en_US

(The link might not work, due to censorship.)

google-p-cat.jpg

Also, there was the naughty, naughty... "what's new *****cat, whooa-ooh whoa-ooh oh oh whooa-ooh..."

NAUGHTY! (Kidding around for fun.)

On 3/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, Lukass1896 said:

Wait, even "d i l d o s" and "b o o b s" are now "bad words" ...?!? :waitwhat:

*****? (Breasts) This is turning into a Jimmy Kimmel bit.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:45 PM, Lukass1896 said:

Wait, even "d i l d o s" and "b o o b s" are now "bad words" ...?!? :waitwhat:

Well, I sort of get "d!ld0$", since that's something related to $€× and that could be considered inappropriate or obscene, but "ß00ß$" is just another word for "breasts" and doesn't seem like a "vulgar" word to me... :mhmnod:

Archived