Mariah Carey's 'E=MC²' hits #1 on iTunes 12 years after its release

Jordan Miller

• Leader

There's a lot of doom and gloom in the world right now, but one ray of sunshine through the rain is Mariah Carey taking the top spot on iTunes today.

Thanks to support from the Lambs, her 2008 album E=MC² hit #1 on the Apple platform. 

#JusticeForEMC2 was trending on Twitter.

The campaign caught Mariah's attention. She's aware her fans brought the album back to the limelight and wants to celebrate by performing one of the tracks. :mcry:

You may recall Lambs (and the GP) helped get MC's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" the #1 spot on the Hot 100 last Christmas. Their power is unmatched! 

How cute is this??? I'm kinda jelly. 

Any E=MC² fans here in Exhale?

emc2.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

mariah carey stars GIF

Mariah's Lambs are truly the most devoted stan base. Despite being a 12 year old and available to stream. Mariah's 2008 Masterpiece E=MC² is the #1 album on itunes across all Genres. 

Yes there is a price of 4.99. But that's not the point. I guarantee the lambs have this album. Just bought it again to make her #1, album. 

My big question is. When will all the other stan bases show this dedication????

The lambs will go down in history as the most loyal stan base. 

• Love 6

That’s my queen! The ultimate ultimate for me. No one comes close to Mariah. I was on her TRL special for the “Caution” release last fall ; MTV emailed me cause of my WBT cover on YouTube (which YouTube later deleted for zero reason even though I had 80k views whitney houston wtf GIF) but anyway I digress dahhhlings....no family like the Lambily!! ❤️🐑

On my way to buying it now just to support, even though it’s one of her less impressive albums 😝😝😝

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I still cringe whenever I see tweets like this. It's not a big deal when a song or album tops the iTunes chart. It's just a store. It's not an actual chart. Imagine bragging about your fave's album being a Walmart or Target #1. Like, what is that. :ehidk:

Even Tinashe's album Songs For You topped the iTunes chart as well. But did she do well overall? Didn't it chart outside the top 100 of the Billboard 200? I guess it's worth celebrating since it's the only "chart" Tinashe is conquering. :imacat:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I still cringe whenever I see tweets like this. It's not a big deal when a song or album tops the iTunes chart. It's just a store. It's not an actual chart. Imagine bragging about your fave's album being a Walmart or Target #1. Like, what is that. :ehidk:

Even Tinashe's album Songs For You topped the iTunes chart as well. But did she do well overall? Didn't it chart outside the top 100 of the Billboard 200? I guess it's worth celebrating since it's the only "chart" Tinashe is conquering. :imacat:

The irony is it was one of the biggest selling records of 2008. #18. 

Spawned the **** Touch my body. And was the #1 for two weeks in a row..

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, sparrowhawk said:

But it isn’t Walmart or target dahhhling. Or the zillions of platforms available to download a song from.

It’s Apple. And as Mariah proves time and time again, brand is everything. brand is respect “which is difficult to get, not everybody has that.”

If it charts on the top 10 of the Billboard 200 this week because of that, then we will have something to celebrate. Who knows, I might play my two physical versions of E=MC2 to celebrate such an amazing feat. That is if it even makes a dent on the Billboard 200 this week. But go off. :imacat:

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

If it charts on the top 10 of the Billboard 200 this week because of that, then we will have something to celebrate. Who knows, I might play my two physical versions of E=MC2 to celebrate such an amazing feat. That is if it even makes a dent on the Billboard 200 this week. But go off. :imacat:

charts mean nothing anymore. On this we agree. The win here is that an album is potentially coming off your shelf after 12 years to be appreciated for its greatness and longevity tiffany pollard GIFAnd that’s the point to be made. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

And not to mention there’s literally no competition right now so what’s that? 500 copies sold :haha:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And not to mention there’s literally no competition right now so what’s that? 500 copies sold 

They be acting like they selling 50k or 100k copies when it's probably just under 5k, like ladies it's not that serious. :imacat:

Furthermore, the iTunes chart is a real time chart. It doesn't accumulate for a week like the Billboard 200. You can literally hit #1 on iTunes if you release an album while everyone else is sleeping and sell 1k copies for the first hour and then drop out of the chart the next hour.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

They be acting like they selling 50k or 100k copies when it's probably just under 5k, like ladies it's not that serious. :imacat:

Furthermore, the iTunes chart is a real time chart. It doesn't accumulate for a week like the Billboard 200. You can literally hit #1 on iTunes if you release an album while everyone else is sleeping and sell 1k copies for the first hour and then drop out of the chart the next hour.

Tinashe peaked at #134 after being #1 on iTunes :mcry:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.