2000s Music Corner

Nickey

8 hours ago, Nickey said:

Omg I'm barely keeping up with yall's posts, full of amazing, glittery 2000s BOPS, thanks for posting them  :mcry:

Just remembered this one with a really cool music video, wasn't it huge in the emo subculture? :lollipop:

Yessss! It was actually huge everywhere. One of her biggest hits and her only one, as far as i remember, that reached number one in the US.

We love a simple dance routine that non-dancers can follow :chershade:

The part in the mv where she bullies that poor little girl out of the bathroom is super cringy though :wontcry:

In my otinion this is the way best single from The Best damn thing

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

Yessss! It was actually huge everywhere. One of her biggest hits and her only one, as far as i remember, that reached number one in the US.

We love a simple dance routine that non-dancers can follow :chershade:

The part in the mv where she bullies that poor little girl out of the bathroom is super cringy though :wontcry:

In my otinion this is the way best single from The Best damn thing

I still have the CD from back in the day. I relistened to it and I was shocked by how good it was. I had completely forgotten the fact that it's literally bop after bop. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stans considered it her 'sellout era', but, personally, I think it's her best work. :tbh: I agree with "When You're Gone" being the best single. Actually, the slower, more emotional songs, in general, are the best songs on the album, in my opinion. "Keep Holding On" and ESPECIALLY "Innocence" are brilliant. "Innocence" might be my favorite Avril song of all time. :crying3:

9 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I still have the CD from back in the day. I relistened to it and I was shocked by how good it was. I had completely forgotten the fact that it's literally bop after bop. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stans considered it her 'sellout era', but, personally, I think it's her best work. :tbh: I agree with "When You're Gone" being the best single. Actually, the slower, more emotional songs, in general, are the best songs on the album, in my opinion. "Keep Holding On" and ESPECIALLY "Innocence" are brilliant. "Innocence" might be my favorite Avril song of all time. :crying3:

It definitely grew on me over time. At first I thought it was kinda dumb but after a few listens I apreciated it a lot more. Still not one of my favourite AL albums. I agree about the slower songs being the best on the record (Runaway, Hot, Girlfriend, TBDT and Everything back but you are amazing songs as well), although I'm not really into Innocence, cause the chorus sounds a bit weird to me. Keep holding on is one of my favourite Avril songs ever :wontcry: 

Also I will be is very emotional but I guess it sounds a bit like When you're gone and that's why they left it as a bonus track :mhm:

<3 omG...this whole thread smells like Cucumber Melon/Sweet Pea Bath & Bodyworks pocket bac. Tastes like Vanilla Frosting Lip Smacker lip gloss. Looks like roll-on body glitter. Feels like zippered CD cases in the car...Thinks like futuristic millenium pvc outfits. <3 Love so many listed here!!!

o-town cds GIF by MTV Cribs

(i was more an observer of the above though haha...)

15 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Does anyone else here remember the MySpace Scene?!? JEFFREE was the QUEEN!!  :wontcry:   :makeitrain:

I don’t care what people said about his then or now, Jeffree has Fvcking BOPS! Get Away With ****** is his first music video, it slays. OG, before he fixed his teeth.

Now he's a YouTuber with a million-dollar making cosmetics company!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived