2000s Music Corner

Nickey

4 hours ago, Born2Die said:

I loved "Bounce" when it came out! And Sarah Connor! Sometimes I get back to her music, when I'm in nostalgic mood, searching for my childhood songs :tiffanynod:
And Jessica's song...Perfect proof that Britney was real trendsetter in 2000s. This video and song is so... wrong on so many levels. Her voice, her looks, her dancing. Clearly she wasn't best dancer. :tiffcackle:

Remember this?

And of course:

And...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so it's a YES to Hole in the Head. YES to Samantha Mumba and Ashlee Simpson - PERIOD!!! YES to Rumors!!! YES to Don't Tell Me!!!

@Isla you're a Sugababes stan??? Omggg :unreal:

Also, this. WHEN WILL YOUR FAVE GIRL GROUPS. It's a mess of a video i know but its iconic and the song is a super bop. ❤

Ughnn i love this thread. ❤

2 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Okay so it's a YES to Hole in the Head. YES to Samantha Mumba and Ashlee Simpson - PERIOD!!! YES to Rumors!!! YES to Don't Tell Me!!!

@Isla you're a Sugababes stan??? Omggg :unreal:

Also, this. WHEN WILL YOUR FAVE GIRL GROUPS. It's a mess of a video i know but its iconic and the song is a super bop. ❤

Ughnn i love this thread. ❤

Yess, I love Sugababes and it’s so good to have the original lineup back!

About a Girl is a bop. One of the better songs from Sweet 7 which is my least fave album from them :orangu: 

Just now, Isla said:

Yess, I love Sugababes and it’s so good to have the original lineup back!

About a Girl is a bop. One of the better songs from Sweet 7 which is my least fave album from them :orangu: 

omg sisss :hugs:

I like the original lineup too and i'm glad they're all still friends. But honestly i like all the lineups, except maybe the last one. I also love all three of the Sweet 7 singles with About a Girl taking the cake, of course. I'm so happy i met a babes stan here. I love them so much and Taller in More Ways came at the right time in my teen life. ❤

8 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

omg sisss :hugs:

I like the original lineup too and i'm glad they're all still friends. But honestly i like all the lineups, except maybe the last one. I also love all three of the Sweet 7 singles with About a Girl taking the cake, of course. I'm so happy i met a babes stan here. I love them so much and Taller in More Ways came at the right time in my teen life. ❤

2.0 were my fave lineup, but I don't think Heidi wants to pursue music again. But in a way, it's great the originals are back together and resolved the issues they had when they were teenagers. 4.0 were okay, but there was no original members left :( 

Taller In More Ways is a brilliant album!! I love it. Gotta Be You, Red Dress (one of my fave singles from them), Ugly, Bruised, Ace Reject.... 

@Isla 2.0 is also my fave!!! But i also liked 3.0 because of Amelle. While i loved the Mutya version of Red Dress, the Amelle version is as good! It is my number one fave single. Followed by About a Girl and then Denial. Ughh Denial is sooo good.

@rik Full??? Like the entire show? or just the performance? Is it in HD? Cause i need Slave in HD.

3 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

@Isla 2.0 is also my fave!!! But i also liked 3.0 because of Amelle. While i loved the Mutya version of Red Dress, the Amelle version is as good! It is my number one fave single. Followed by About a Girl and then Denial. Ughh Denial is sooo good.

The Amelle version of Red Dress is actually better ddd. Mutya sounded a bit bored. But I think I prefer her version of Follow Me Home. I like both their versions of Gotta Be You. 

About You Now is probs their most generic single cause of Dr Luke but I do enjoy it. I LOVE Denial, and the video is amazing. Yes, Amelle had an amazing voice.

@rik i love how you get things by harrassing people. :bcutelaugh: i think i would be interested in the 2000 and 2001 shows. How big is the file?

I love the 2000s too ❤ and is my favorite decade in music but its a big scope for me. I actually have a playlist that's my everyday playlist and it consists of songs from 1999-2001 and that's really it for me. I could survive with just songs from those 3 years.

1 hour ago, Isla said:

The Amelle version of Red Dress is actually better ddd. Mutya sounded a bit bored. But I think I prefer her version of Follow Me Home. I like both their versions of Gotta Be You. 

About You Now is probs their most generic single cause of Dr Luke but I do enjoy it. I LOVE Denial, and the video is amazing. Yes, Amelle had an amazing voice.

Omg and I thought you're not gonna like that i preferred Amelle's version. Because it was as good if not better. Mutya's was sultrier but Amelle's brought this different texture, an edge to Red Dress and it just... worked. Yes, Mutya's Follow Me Home and both Gotta Be Yous! And I don't think About a Girl is the most generic. I think it's Wear My Kiss. But then again the entire Sweet 7 was generic anyway. :lollipop: But I don't like admitting this because i wanna keep the fantasy that the babes are perfect and untouchable and they don't make generic albums. :bcutelaugh:

42 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Omg and I thought you're not gonna like that i preferred Amelle's version. Because it was as good if not better. Mutya's was sultrier but Amelle's brought this different texture, an edge to Red Dress and it just... worked. Yes, Mutya's Follow Me Home and both Gotta Be Yous! And I don't think About a Girl is the most generic. I think it's Wear My Kiss. But then again the entire Sweet 7 was generic anyway. :lollipop: But I don't like admitting this because i wanna keep the fantasy that the babes are perfect and untouchable and they don't make generic albums. :bcutelaugh:

Oh I meant About You Now was generic :mcorangu: but let's be honest, most of Sweet 7 was generic too as they were hopping on to trends at the time, which was disappointing cause the group had always made such edgy pop music, especially at the beginning of their career. The album hasn't aged very well imo, but it still has some nice songs. I feel like I might have appreciated the album more had another artist released it, because a lot of the songs don't really feel like Sugababes songs. And the fact they did a song with Sean Kingston??? Yeah I don't get it. I feel like they started going in a more poppier direction with Change but I still enjoy that album and it still had traces of the classic Sugababes sound through songs like Never Gonna Dance Again.

Yeah, I don't think the originals will be making generic music, the leaks from their cancelled album as MKS are amazing, a lot of them are reminiscent of 2.0 material although there is a few more poppier songs that sound very radio friendly (had they been singles) such as Summer of 99, Great Escape etc. 

2 hours ago, Isla said:

Oh I meant About You Now was generic

I can't f-cking read. :queenie: Yes, am i the only one not loving this song. It's still shocking to me that it became their biggest hit. So many others deserve that success. Red Dress being one of them. It really sucks it didn't go to number one but had a high peak despite news about Mutya's departure. I'm still pressed.

Yeah, we can blame the sound of Sweet 7 on Jay-Z. But i don't regret it cause we got all three of the singles especially About a Girl which is one of my all time favorite bops together with Red Dress. ❤

16 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I can't f-cking read. :queenie: Yes, am i the only one not loving this song. It's still shocking to me that it became their biggest hit. So many others deserve that success. Red Dress being one of them. It really sucks it didn't go to number one but had a high peak despite news about Mutya's departure. I'm still pressed.

Yeah, we can blame the sound of Sweet 7 on Jay-Z. But i don't regret it cause we got all three of the singles especially About a Girl which is one of my all time favorite bops together with Red Dress. ❤

Eurgh I wish Red Dress had been a bigger hit, I mean it still went top 10 but it deserves to be recognised among their signature hits. A true bop.

Ddd yes Jay-Z of course cause he signed them to Roc Nation but I read their management pushed them in that direction for Sweet 7 as well. 

17 minutes ago, Isla said:

Eurgh I wish Red Dress had been a bigger hit, I mean it still went top 10 but it deserves to be recognised among their signature hits. A true bop.

It's kinda like a forgotten single now, that only us fans know. There's also not a lot of live performances to watch on Youtube which also upsets me.  :wontcry:

Yeah, true. They pushed for the Sweet 7 sound because they were trying to appeal to american audiences. That's why there were three Bruno Mars produced tracks + that icky Sean Kingston feature. :ugh:

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

It's kinda like a forgotten single now, that only us fans know. There's also not a lot of live performances to watch on Youtube which also upsets me.  :wontcry:

Yeah, true. They pushed for the Sweet 7 sound because they were trying to appeal to american audiences. That's why there were three Bruno Mars produced tracks + that icky Sean Kingston feature. :ugh:

Dd I sometimes forget Bruno Mars was involved. You can hear him at the beginning of She’s a Mess :gloria: 

Archived