Which songs originally intended for Britney and later released by other artists do you wish she had recorded?

PlayboyMommy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know any of those songs. :idkha:

But with regards to the big and popular songs that everyone knows we're originally intended for Britney like Umbrella and Telephone and When I Grow Up, etc. You know, the relevant ones. I want all of them. Because i'm greedyyyyyyyy hoooooo, you know that i'm greedy for love, you know that i'm greedy for love. I'd like to keep it on, please. :queenflopga:

34 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Probably unpopular opinion, but I think Telephone as a song as a whole aged very badly and I don't really like it anymore. Also, Britney's vocals don't fit the song imo, so I'm really glad she didn't record it.

I get what you’re saying. I sometimes think it sounds really flat and perhaps the pitch should have been a little higher to give the song that dance vibe. I dunno it’s missing something. 

But bare in mind the song was fire back in 2010 and this was just a rough demo so she probably would have sounded better in the actual finalised studio version. It does scream Britney IMO :jumpney:

49 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Probably unpopular opinion, but I think Telephone as a song as a whole aged very badly and I don't really like it anymore.

Really? To me Bad Romance aged badly. Telephone is one of only 2 Gaga songs that I still regularly play in the car. Applause being the other one.

6 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

And maybe Genie In A Bottle too! Is that shady?

Oh that is definitely shady. Not to us. But to the Fighters. They're gonna drag knee and us for it. They're gonna say Genie outlasted ...Baby One More Time at No.1 on the Hot 100. They're gonna say Britney doesn't have the range. And they might even throw in a Best New Artist shade just to rub it in our faces. We're never gonna live it down, i swear. :britoverit:

29 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Oh that is definitely shady. Not to us. But to the Fighters. They're gonna drag knee and us for it. They're gonna say Genie outlasted ...Baby One More Time at No.1 on the Hot 100. They're gonna say Britney doesn't have the range. And they might even throw in a Best New Artist shade just to rub it in our faces. We're never gonna live it down, i swear. :britoverit:

Yeah that’s exactly how it would go, unfortunately. It’s sad that this stupid rivalry is still alive in 2020. The Pop Fandoms need to grow up as a collective. I feel like Britney going through the conservatorship stuff caused the BArmy to grow us along with her.

Xtina would sing BOMT really well especially if it had a retro feel. I wonder how 1999/early 2000s would have been different if Brit and Xtina had each other’s  debut singles instead of their own. That would be interesting. 

3 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Yeah that’s exactly how it would go, unfortunately. It’s sad that this stupid rivalry is still alive in 2020. The Pop Fandoms need to grow up as a collective. I feel like Britney going through the conservatorship stuff caused the BArmy to grow us along with her. Xtina would sing BOMT really well especially if it had a retro feel. 

Oh the rivalry is very much alive on stan Twitter. It's so cringey seeing those threads and I admit that sometimes if i see something that strikes a nerve, i would type in a reply and add to the mess. Fighters are relentless and brave cause they got Best New Artist and more Grammys. And their "The Voice of a Generation" title which isn't that impressive of a title if you ask me. Nothing beats "The Princess of Pop" and the 2016 updated version "The Undisputed Princess of Pop" thanks Billboard. But because of all the personal and professional struggles that Britney has gone through over the years, it makes her sooo draggable now. Not just to the Fighters but stan Twitter as a whole. It's so hard being in the Britney Army. :crying1: but i have met one Fighter that also loves Britney and he's nice. His #2 is Britney while his #1 is Xtina. I'm the same but flip it and reverse it.

Archived