Rihanna: I'm sick of fans asking me where the new album is

Jordan Miller

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get her. Didn't she release like 8 albums in 7 years or whatever?? there should be enough for the fans to listen to.

This is the problem with todays fans, having access to everything. 2 day after a new album people are still like "boring, wheres the next album?"

She just signed a new label: 

2018–present: Hiatus and upcoming ninth studio album

In October 2017, Shakka revealed that he was working with Rihanna on her "absolutely insane" album.[145] In December 2018, Rihanna confirmed that the album would be released in 2019,[146] and later announced that it is a reggae project.[147] In August 2019, fans noticed that Rihanna and co-songwriters Collin Edwards, Monique Lawrence, and Alexander Ogunmokun registered a song titled "Private Loving" with the music publishing organization BMI.[148][n 2] In September 2019, it was announced she had signed with Sony/ATV Music Publishing.[150] In December 2019, Rihanna alluded to her album being complete and indefinitely withholding the release date in an Instagram post.[151]

7 hours ago, joanhs said:

I get her. Didn't she release like 8 albums in 7 years or whatever?? there should be enough for the fans to listen to.

This is the problem with todays fans, having access to everything. 2 day after a new album people are still like "boring, wheres the next album?"

She just signed a new label: 

2018–present: Hiatus and upcoming ninth studio album

In October 2017, Shakka revealed that he was working with Rihanna on her "absolutely insane" album.[145] In December 2018, Rihanna confirmed that the album would be released in 2019,[146] and later announced that it is a reggae project.[147] In August 2019, fans noticed that Rihanna and co-songwriters Collin Edwards, Monique Lawrence, and Alexander Ogunmokun registered a song titled "Private Loving" with the music publishing organization BMI.[148][n 2] In September 2019, it was announced she had signed with Sony/ATV Music Publishing.[150] In December 2019, Rihanna alluded to her album being complete and indefinitely withholding the release date in an Instagram post.[151]

to be fair to her fans though, her last album was released January 2016 so it has been over 4 years. if it was only 1 or 2 years, I would be on rihannas side. AND at the end of 2018 she did tweet a fan saying it was getting released in 2019 but its now 2020 and still no word on her album. And shes been teasing it on her twitter for the past year so I get their frustration. To be honest as  well, I get that it must be annoying for rihanna to be asked every single interview but she should be thankful and grateful she still have fans who give a damn.  

8 hours ago, joanhs said:

She released 8 albums in 11 years (not 7...) (if we are talking about 2016) :heresthetea:

and when it comes to 2020 she released 8 albums in 14-15 years... :yaknow:

just sayin' :saycheese:(it's still a lot of albums ;) )

4 hours ago, LHommeCouture said:

At least people are looking forward to a Rihanna album. I remember when people literally didnt care and only cared about $1 singles on iTunes. Rihanna for the most part couldnt sell an album to save her life. She was a singles girl. So I guess its cool to see people apparently look forward to an album?

We can credit Anti for that. It's still selling / charting on the Billboard 200 and is one of the most streamed albums on Spotify and is still being talked about by critics. And that is how Rih became an album artist. :cutebrit:

Archived