Does Ellie Goulding make boring music? According to La Roux... she does

Does Ellie Goulding make boring music?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Leader

This is the second recent instance an artist comes for Ellie's weave. 

"Nothing against Ellie Goulding, but I won’t make music that boring," La Roux told the Telegraph.

“Yes, I’m passionate and I will stand up for what I believe in,” she says. “I have principles and that’s a dangerous thing in a business that worships money and success. But it’s too easy to say so-and-so is a nightmare, which basically just means she dares to disagree with our s--- ideas.

“There is so much male ego to placate in this business, it just gets boring after a while. If I was a bloke saying exactly the same things, they wouldn’t call them difficult, they’d be doing coke with them in the toilets.” She fires off a stream of obscenities that would make a sailor blush but at the same time she is laughing with what sounds like genuine relief. “They are absolute d--------. It’s absolute bulls---. I’m so glad I’m not a part of that any more.”

la roux bulletproof fox.jpg

She didn't lie tho. No shade to Ellie but everything post Delirium is just blah... and meh... :) 

Also that guy or band or whatever that said people don't invest in her albums. It's also true. She's not like someone who's a main pop girl like Britney and Gaga and Madonna and Taylor who have stans who buy their albums. She's also not considered an album artist. She's kind of like in the same category as P!nk and Maroon 5 where their reputation and success is linked to the GP. They're GP faves and that's how they've managed to have long careers is because of their appeal to the masses. 😬 Ellie Goulding is not anybody's main course. She's like a good side dish. It's yummy but you can do without it.

• Like 1
  • Leader
4 minutes ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

She didn't lie tho. No shade to Ellie but everything post Delirium is just blah... and meh... :) 

Also that guy or band or whatever that said people don't invest in her albums. It's also true. She's not like someone who's a main pop girl like Britney and Gaga and Madonna and Taylor who have stans who buy their albums. She's also not considered an album artist. She's kind of like in the same category as P!nk and Maroon 5 where their reputation and success is linked to the GP. They're GP faves and that's how they've managed to have long careers is because of their appeal to the masses. 😬 Ellie Goulding is not anybody's main course. She's like a good side dish. It's yummy but you can do without it.

Ok but Ellie makes good music though, no? Even her last song, "Hate Me," I didn't like at first. Then I randomly heard it weeks later and was like BOPPPP :bop:

• Like 2

What the hell is this ELF talking about..... First of all, L.A. Rouge lives in the past, she makes 80's music, so do something new and then we'll talk. Second..... yeah where are you, haven't heard from you until now for this hateful comment. And third, Ellie sounds like Ellie. Her voice is the sweetest, and she sings songs no one else would choose because she can actually make them work.

16 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Ok but Ellie makes good music though, no? Even her last song, "Hate Me," I didn't like at first. Then I randomly heard it weeks later and was like BOPPPP :bop:

Thank you for reminding me of this song, it's amazing! It's so Ellie. And listen to her vocals around 2:30, they **** my speakers!! <3
And the video is FLAWLESS! I hate that thumbnail that they chose though, it's so generic, it does not represent the vibe of the video at all.

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, frederiickx said:

Delirium was a great pop album IMO. I loved it. Her music before and since then? It sucks so I guess I'll say yes.

Delirium was easily one of the best pop albums of 2015. Halcyon was good for it’s time as well. I kinda wish she’d get back into her electronic roots, “Don’t Leave” with seven lions is a masterpiece imo:otears:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.