When was Britney at her most divisive?

brit4u1998

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, she was at her most divisive during 2003, with the whole peak of Britney hate sites that year. Also, the Diane Sawyer interview and a politician saying that she would shoot Britney Spears. 

I also remember seeing a 2003 special about Britney Spears, where these two 12/13/14 year old girls were talking badly about Britney! Also, the Britney-Madonna kiss made people see Britney as attention seeking! And, this was after the Justin-Britney breakup, so the press and the public was a bit against Britney in 2003.

Everytime. 
Still now after 20 years Britney is still a big deal. Everybody has an opinion about her. Yesterday in My country (Italy) there was a topic about Britney, people were literally fighting about her and her art and one of the at the certain point wrote “after 20 years we are still debating about her” Britney is just so iconic that she will always divisive I think 

6 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Everytime. 
Still now after 20 years Britney is still a big deal. Everybody has an opinion about her. Yesterday in My country (Italy) there was a topic about Britney, people were literally fighting about her and her art and one of the at the certain point wrote “after 20 years we are still debating about her” Britney is just so iconic that she will always divisive I think 

Her innocent sexuality made her parents' worst nightmare back in the 00's. :disappointed:

hmm imo after she and jt broke up through the itz era, and then around when she got with kevin is when public opinion really started to dip towards the negative. of course she was always controversial but i think that's when the naysayers were the loudest. 

i've noticed nowadays people are a lot more positive about her though, because a lot of people grew up with her and so look back at her with fondness and nostalgia... hence all the merch the past couple of years with bomt-britney era branding.:thinkney:

2 hours ago, edamamebeans said:

hmm imo after she and jt broke up through the itz era, and then around when she got with kevin is when public opinion really started to dip towards the negative. of course she was always controversial but i think that's when the naysayers were the loudest. 

i've noticed nowadays people are a lot more positive about her though, because a lot of people grew up with her and so look back at her with fondness and nostalgia... hence all the merch the past couple of years with bomt-britney era branding.:thinkney:

The Justiney breakup really gave haters an opening. Then the news and press! 

On 11/15/2019 at 2:03 AM, ClaudiaDC said:

Everytime. 

people in my school say that britney is useless and that she has done nothing for the industry,one girl also said that f**king billie eilish is better than britney.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, Isla said:

The ITZ era for sure, mainly 2004 though. Not forgetting her short lived marriage to Jason Alexander and her marriage to K-Fed all in one year. 

There was a thread on an online forum from 2002 to 2004 that discussed Britney's affect on preteen and teenage girls. The thread got so heated and divisive! They were talking about Britney wearing low-rise jeans and how that affected pop stars and young girls dressing like her! I was a a preteen and teenager during the 00's and Brit's influence was BIG!

To be honest, the shift was after Justin breakup. there was a media/hate kinda thing starting to bang on her. still she managed to come with hits and succeed. I would say it was more of a envious kinda of thing. after that, I think 2007, when she started partying etc, and doing crazy stuff publicly, the press noticed and wanted the bad Britney. and that's it. we lost her in the process!

Archived