Ariana Grande Says She's Still "Processing A Lot" After Crying On Stage

Jordan Miller

• Leader

ariana-grande-7-rings-royalties.jpg

Ariana Grande explains why she broke down into tears.

The pop star is at the peak of her superstardom, and while she has a lot to be grateful for, the singer is still dealing with haunting memories from the past.

In the span of just two years, Ariana dealt with a terrorist attack at a concert in Manchester, the dissolution of her engagement with ex-fiance Pete Davidson, and the untimely death of ex-boyfriend, Mac Miller.

During a performance of “R.E.M.” at her most-recent Sweetener Tour show, Ariana burst into tears. She took to social media afterward to explain.

Related: Ariana Grande Is Having A Tough Time On Tour

“Tour is wild. life is wild. i’m grateful for the sea of love i have around me everyday and for the people who come to these shows and give all of us every ounce of energy they’ve got,” Ari wrote in a now-deleted comment. “I’m grateful for the opportunity to sing to thousands of people every night. it’s a dream come true. no matter how hard it gets.”

“I’m grounded by gratitude and promise not to give up on what i’ve started,” Ari continued. “I feel everything very intensely and have committed to doing this tour during a time in my life when i’m still processing a lot … so sometimes i cry a lot! i thank you for accepting my humanness. I’m not sure what i did to deserve to meet so many loving souls every night / to feel so much love, but i want you to know that it really does carry me through, i feel it and i appreciate it.”

She also offered a few words of encouragement for fans who share with the struggle in the pursuit of happiness, saying: “I’m sharing this because i’m grateful and because i want you to know that if you too are hurting, you can push through and are not alone,” she continued. “it is hard to balance taking care of the people around you, doing your job, and healing/taking care of yourself at the same time… but i want you to know, you aren’t alone and i think you’re doing great. love you.”

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived