YouTube Remastered Iconic Music Videos From Lady Gaga, Spice Girls, Janet Jackson And More: Watch

Jordan Miller

• Leader

youtube-hd.jpg

RELIVE POP MUSIC GREATNESS IN HD.

YouTube teamed up with Universal Music Group to replace low quality (by today’s standards) music videos with remastered versions. 

Interestingly, the originals were not filmed in HD, however there is a noticeable difference in the new uploads, which replaces the grainy renditions with clearer ones – comments, views etc will remain. You’ll know it’s remastered because the description will include “Remastered in HD!”

Though only a hundred or so videos have been uploaded, YouTube hopes to replace more than a thousand videos by the end of 2020. 

The current list includes videos from Lady Gaga (“Bad Romance,” “Just Dance,” “Poker Face”), the Spice Girls (“Wannabe” “Say You’ll Be There”), Gwen Stefani (“Hollaback Girl,” “Cool,” “4 In The Morning”) and Janet Jackson (“Control,” “What Have You Done For Me Lately,” “When I Think Of You”).

Head over to YouTube and begin revisiting some of the classics.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I thought it was just a Spice Girls thing, because they announced, and released the remasters prior to the beginning of the tour.

Now I see it was a plan for several artists besides them.

I think all the record labels should do it for every artist. And this comes just right in time for the 10th anniversary of VEVO.

32 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

The Spice Girls videos look amazing, but Bad Romance just looks like upscaled version of the 240p version :jackk:

That's true. As I said in another thread, the audio does not really sound higher quality, the video looks slightly older (like, 2007 / 08)... it's not a remaster, it feels like a downgrade.

Also, I see that the inflate / deflate feature has been added now. I find it kinda pointless, though, since we already have upvotes / downvotes. Also, if the most inflated post will show up first, that'll cause chaos in the post order.

I can't even begin to imagine the nightmares @ILikeChillinWithYou will have when making the #FreeBritney recaps if this feature will start being used. :umomg:

Also, now, instead of "Comment", before you click on the comment box, it says "Exhale in this Exchange" or something. :tifflmao:

That's, like, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, like, r/FellowKids. :tifflmao:

• Leader
5 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

That's true. As I said in another thread, the audio does not really sound higher quality, the video looks slightly older (like, 2007 / 08)... it's not a remaster, it feels like a downgrade.

Also, I see that the inflate / deflate feature has been added now. I find it kinda pointless, though, since we already have upvotes / downvotes. Also, if the most inflated post will show up first, that'll cause chaos in the post order.

I can't even begin to imagine the nightmares @ILikeChillinWithYou will have when making the #FreeBritney recaps if this feature will start being used. :umomg:

Also, now, instead of "Comment", before you click on the comment box, it says "Exhale in this Exchange" or something. :tifflmao:

That's, like, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, like, r/FellowKids. :tifflmao:

Up vote and Inflates are separate :)

If you don't like viewing threads in the order of Inflates, you can view them in chronological order like before. Just have to click the Sort by Dates button!

Archived