Rita Ora's "Only Want You" Music Video Pays Homage To Britney Spears' "Everytime"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

rita-ora-only-want-you-everytime-video.j

The grass is always greener.

Rita Ora's new single "Only Want You," featuring 6LACK, is one of the standout tracks off her most-recent album, Phoenix. The video, out now, is a reinterpretation of Britney's iconic In The Zone clip, "Everytime." Or... I'm just imagining things.

In the beginning, Rita deals with conflict of life as a rich and famous person. Visibly annoyed, she makes her way inside of a diner for a little peace and quiet, but is quickly hounded by a sea of paparazzi and reporters.

Unlike "Everytime," there isn't a tragic death in the end. Instead, Rita ends up performing inside a theater, only to be met by an alternative version of herself – a waitress – who wants nothing more than to be... rich and famous. Both women spot each other and yearn for the other's life. At first glance, the concept doesn't have much to do with the song, which you'd think is Rita singing to a man. In this version, she's singing to herself.

Now, if it turns out the "Everytime" parallels are just coincidence, then she's cancelled.

Watch below:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Goku said:

She's very uninteresting... I don't know. :yeaok:

Same for Dua Lipa, I can't find anything special about them. :beynah:

Dua Lipa has an interesting voice and is hot, plus "New Rules" is one of the most interesting songs in the last 5 years

dancefriends.gif

Definitely not the same storyline, but I guess the first outfit is similiar?

I guess I'm one of the few people here that actually love her.  She's so fun and nice in real life, and I love (most) of her music.

And this song is a total bop.

:bedtime:

5 hours ago, Avatar said:

She’s been consistently releasing boring bland songs for years. I think she’s talented. But something’s missing. Songwriters? 

She doesn't have the X factor.

Like that other girl Jessie J.

And as if the Detective Pikachu movie didn't look bad enough already, I read she's making an appearance there too :wontcry:

Archived